↳ 4: (UN)HAPPY

" BIG REPUTATION — WE GOT
BIG REPUTATIONS. YOU
AND ME WE'D BE A BIG
CONVERSATION. "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IMAGINE THE LOOK ON THE whole lot of Hogwarts' faces when Freya entered the Great Hall the next morning with James' arm around her shoulders. The smug grin on James face did not match Freya's estranged one. And yet, all eyes were on them as they walked to the Gryffindor table.

          "Act like you want me to fuck you," James whispered as they neared their seats. Freya almost wanted to slap him.

          "Sod off, Fleamont."

          "First of all, do not ever call me that," James looked very disgusted. "And second, come on, it takes two to make this believable."

           Freya wondered if it was too late to back out. But since the entire student body had already seen them, she decided to just go with it — as if she had a choice, anyway. She then raised her arm and intertwined her hand with James' that was dangling from her shoulder where his arms were wrapped around. This made James grin and walked more confidently to his friends.

           As they sat down in front of Sirius, Remus, and Peter, the prefect of the three spoke. "I am not even going to ask."

           "Ask what, Moony? Ask how the beautiful Freya Merse is now, evidently, my girlfriend?" said James loudly, shamelessly in the direction of Lily Evans who was seated a little farther from them — in the seat where Freya should've been.

           Remus rolled his eyes and continued on pining back his prefect badge that he had just polished. Sirius, however, still had his mouth agape from the moment the two appeared in the Great Hall up until then. Freya had noticed this — she swear she wasn't just plainly oogling at him — and smirked. "You might catch flies there, Sirius."

           Sirius must have been knocked to his senses because after Freya had spoken, his surprised face turned into a scowl. "What are you playing at?"

           Freya innocently shrugged. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

           "Oh, don't act daft, Freya." Sirius sneered. And it was the first Freya had seen him that mad. "If you want revenge on me, don't use my best friend."

           "Oh, how typical, Sirius Black." Freya humorlessly laughed. "Not everything revolves around you, might I point out."

           The scowl on Sirius' face deepened while Freya's contained pure triumph. So, in instead, Sirius turned to look at James. Though regrettably, his face softened a bit. "And you, what happened with the whole 'if I call dibs on someone, you can't make a move on her anymore' shit we all talked about since third year?"

           James animatedly raised his eyebrow at his best friend. "I specifically remember you telling me that Freya was just a good shag and it was nothing as near as to dibs emotionally."

           Freya's confidence was momentarily replaced with agony as she heard James' words. But she knew she couldn't act as if the words effected her. She was suppose to act in love with James Potter and that's it.

           "Come on, Padfoot! You don't even like her! You can get any girl you want out there and you know it." James continued with a beaming smile to his best friend.

           Freya saw Sirius contemplating and he grumbled, "Yeah, I guess so."

          James' grin widened. "See? Don't waste your time thinking this is Freya's revenge plan on you because I was the one who comforted her last night and it ended up with us making out very lustfully in a broom closet and me realizing that I had been in love with her all along."

          Freya, by reflex, elbowed James by the ribs. James yelped and said, "Why, love? I'm not ashamed of voicing out my feelings for you."

          Freya didn't know whether to applaud him of his acting skills or slap him because she hated how animated he was becoming. She forced a smile and said, "But, babe, you really don't have to say that we made out lustfully. Stop embarrassing me."

          "But you're so adorable when you blush." James pinched Freya's cheek and kissed her temple as if it was the most natural thing in the world. And what's weird was that, Freya actually felt like it was natural for them.

           James then turned back to Sirius. "So, you see, mate? This is just me realizing that I never stand a chance with Lily and that my long time friend was always the one there for me and I realized I was in love with her."

           "And I realized I was in love with him, as well. I mean, who was it who comforted me everytime you shagged another girl behind my back?" Freya added with an amused look directed at Sirius.

          Sirius raised an eyebrow. "We weren't official. You know I don't do girlfriends."

          "Well, it didn't stop from hurting me, didn't it?"

          Sirius looked back and forth between the two. And after a sigh, he said. "Alright, fine. I won't get worked up about this. Just as long as James is happy. I'm cool with it."

          Of course, Sirius could never be mad at James. Firstly, is because his family adopted him when he had nowhere to go. And secondly, he really just loves his best friend very much. But, still, Sirius was angered at Freya. The way her eyes were twinkling as she looked at James — he hated it. His stomach flops for some reason. His blood rises suddenly. And he did not know why. Nor did he wanted to know. Because he refused to believe that he was feeling as such because a girl had moved on from him not even twenty four hours later. And no one moves on from Sirius Black.

           James beamed and pulled Freya closer. "Yay! It's all happy then!"

           But Freya knew it would not be all happy.