↳ 41: SAIL

DIAGON ALLEY WAS PACKED WITH students and parents. It was a week before the new school year started and people were bustling to get their school shopping done.

          Vacation had gone way too fast. Especially for Freya's liking. She still couldn't wrap her head in the fact that she going to enter her NEWT's year. She needed double the things she usually did back in her earlier years which meant double the time of shopping.

          Their Hogwarts letters and lists were sent to them a week ago and their dad, Francis, couldn't go shopping with them since he has been packed for the week — but the siblings knew he just hated shopping, Froyce most definitely understood. So, they had to do their shopping themselves.

          It wasn't that they weren’t used to it. Even when they were with their mom on vacation, their mother never stepped foot in the Wizarding World nor made any contact with it except the King Cross Station — which still was considered to be in the normal realm. She ended everything after she ended things with Francis. Which, now that the siblings know, was kind of a good thing since their dad's plan was to protect her since the start.

          "I think we should have our own owl this year," Froyce suggested as they walked through the streets, both holding bags of things they've shopped. Which, as of then, were robes, shoes, bags, cauldrons, quills, and inks. The only thing left were their books because Freya wanted to stay away from them for as long as possible. "We always used dad's even when we were with mom and mom always used a rental. I think it's about time we buy one."

          "But I'm planning on buying a cat this year," Freya whined. "It's not everyday dad gives us a huge amount of shopping money. And I want a cat. And I want to focus on taking care of him or her."

          Froyce rolled his eyes. He wondered if he really was the youngest sibling. "Fine, then. I'll take care of the owl as my own. But we can both use it."

          "Hooray!"

          "I'm naming it, though," Froyce grumbled and Freya nodded in agreement. Froyce nodded back and then readjusted his arms around the bags. "We should put our things to baggage counter. We still have books to buy and my arms are wilting."

          Freya huffed, "Oh, you tell me." They quickly headed to the baggage storage shop and paid to have their stuff stored for a while. Then, they were off to the pet store.

          The shop was packed with parents and mostly first and second years — since it was typically the time that students bought pets. Freya and Froyce only always considered Grizzly — their Rottweiler who lives with their mom — as their pet and he would always be special to them. But, as said, both wanted different animals with them at Hogwarts this year.

          The two immediately split aisles — Freya to the cat aisle and Froyce to the owl aisle. Freya carefully looked at each cat. But one in particular got her eye at the end.

          "Awww," she cooed, crouching down to it's level. It's midnight black coat was eye catching. Freya couldn't label her as a kitten anymore since it was slightly big but she was positive it was far from full grown yet. It was licking its paw and purring lowly. But then, it must've sensed her since it looked up. And it had the most striking green eyes ever. Freya was in love.

          "Find anything you like?"

          Freya looked up to see an old lady smiling at her. Freya smiled back and stood up from her crouching position. "This one, please," she said. "Can I hold it?"

          "Of course," the old lady opened it's cage and then picked up the cat. She then carefully handed it to Freya who very excitedly took it. The moment her hand made contact with the cat, she knew she had found the one.