↳ 5: MINNIE

APART FROM THE SILENT MUTTERS like slut, bitch, fucked both best friends, and etc., Freya could say that the revelation of her and James' relationship has been going on pretty well. Though sooner or later, Freya knew she had to face Lily. And the time was as (im)perfect as ever when they were doing an essay in Transfiguration class.

         "So, want to tell me how you're suddenly dating James?" Lily whispered, her eyes focused on her paper so it wouldn't be evident that she was talking with Freya beside her.

         "Sirius dumped me —"

         "You weren't dating, Frey."

         "Let's just, for the sake of everything, use dump," said Freya, also in hushed tones. "So, Sirius dumped me. James saw me crying and comforted me. I realized I had loved him all along. He realized he was also in love with me all along. We make out in a broom closet. And now, he's my boyfriend."

          Freya, from peripheral view, could see the scrunch on Lily's face. "But he's — well — he's James the whole egotistical, big headed, Potter. How could you date him, Frey?"

          "Lily, you really should try to get to know him. Because James is actually more to his boastfulness than you think." said Freya.

          "Alright, there's a possibility of that." said Lily, though seemed skeptical. "But, why now? Why did you not profess your love for him before?"

          Freya shrugged. "I don't know? Maybe, I just realized now? And there was this whole thing of James being all head over heels for you so maybe, I thought he was never going to notice me anyway."

          "Was?" Freya knew Lily meant to whisper it only to herself but she heard it. And she almost felt triumph to see the disappointed look on Lily's face upon hearing that James had now only liked her in the past, hence, was.

           Freya acted like she didn't hear and continued. "And when he confessed his long hidden love for me and asked me to be his girlfriend, I almost said no because of you."

          Lily, momentarily, looked at her. "Me?"

          "Yes, you." Freya nodded as Lily placed her gaze back on her parchment. "You and the whole James thing. But then, I realized that you didn't even like him at all. So, I said yes."

          Freya stared at Lily and wanted to smirk at her slightly scowling face. She continued, "I mean, you don't like him, right?"

          Lily's scowling face blushed. "Oh, heavens, no. Wasn't it pretty obvious with my past rejecting of him?"

          Yet, Lily's estranged chuckle said otherwise. But Freya went along. "Oh, dear, good. I thought I would have to dump him not even a day into our relationship."

         Lily turned to her and furrowed her eyebrows. "Why? Does my feelings towards James take into account?"

         Freya smiled. "Of course, it does, Lils. If you like him, I'd let him go for you. You're my friend. Ladies before candies."

         Lily smiled brightly and Freya sensed so much genuineness in it. She wanted to applaud herself for the work she had done. It was one of the rules after all, help Lily realize that she actually fancies James as much as he fancies him. And Freya felt good about her progress.

         Lily was about to say something when she was interrupted when a slightly annoyed Minerva McGongall towered over their seats with her foot tapping impatiently.

         Lily looked terrified — she was a prefect and a straight exceeds expectations/outstanding student, she was afraid to be reprimanded by a professor. Freya, however, just smiled innocently — though fear was slightly obvious in her eyes — and said. "Umm, so what's up, Minnie?"

         Freya should have felt lucky she didn't get detention.