↳ 11: SNOG

JAMES HAD SAID THAT HE didn't feel like their plan was working — if only they knew, though — and that they had to take it up a notch. So, imagine the awkwardness in the faces of the Gryffindors in the Gryffindor tower when James and Freya were oh so casually snogging by the window pane one night. The original plan though was to have it done in the hallways but Freya insisted to do it in the common room so they wouldn't get caught by a professor and to have a higher chance of Lily and/or Sirius seeing.

         James had his arms around Freya's waist while Freya's was around James' neck. Her fingers tangled through his thick, curly, hair while James' was teasingly slightly going inside her shirt. There was literally no space between the two and both their noisy kisses, moans, groans, and scripted flirty laughter could be heard.

          And that was what Freya kept in her mind as they snogged. She was reluctant in agreeing but still agreed anyway because she was a sucker for James and his deals and she knew it. She had to keep in mind that it was all an act because she was feeling things she wasn't supposed to feel for James freaking Potter. Want, endearment, lust and infatuation — she knew she has been feeling them since James kissed her in the field; which was what? Only three days ago, Merlin, and she was already feeling like a giddy fangirl with a school crush. So, she kept in mind the word 'scripted', because that was what it all was.

         "Alright, Prongs, the whole bloody world knows you're Freya's boyfriend, let her go now." the voice of an annoyed yet obviously amused Remus Lupin said.

         James momentarily removed his lips from Freya's to stare aloofly at Remus. "What?"

        Remus rolled his eyes at how floated and high his friend looked. "I said —"

        But he didn't even get to respond when James had his lips back on Freya. Remus, Sirius, Peter, Lily, Marlene, Alice and Mary were getting a V.I.P. access on a live porn. For some reason, they kept on staring at the two making out. Not until James' finger started to fidget teasingly by the waist line of Freya's pants that Alice rolled her eyes and pulled Freya away from James.

        "Hey! Bring back my girlfriend." James protested childishly with a frown directed at Alice who was holding Freya by the wrist.

        "You'll get her back tomorrow morning, Potter." said Alice pointedly. "Now, off to bed, the four of you boys."

        "Since when did you become Evans?"

        A very awkward silence roamed the group as the words escaped James Potter's mouth. Lily didn't know what to feel. She didn't know whether to feel delighted that James had acknowledged her presence for the first time since he started dating her best friend. Or, whether to feel hurt by how nonchalant James said her (sur)name. She wasn't used to him being as such to her. Let alone him not calling her on first name. And Lily couldn't even hide the frown in her face and the disappointment she felt that time.

         James smirked. And none of them knew it was because of the wanted reaction she had gotten out of Lily Evans. They had thought it was directed as a mockery to Alice.

         So, when no one answered, James simply reclined from his spot and walked over to Freya — who also, like everyone, was staring at him bewilderedly — and kissed her cheek. "See you tomorrow, love."

         He turned to the Marauders and said, "Let's go before lady Alice vaporizes us."

         With one last roll of eyes from Alice and a very discrete Sirius Black looking back at Freya, the two groups separated ways more uncomfortable than ever.