↳ 44: ARMY

FREYA'S EYEBROWS KNIT TOGETHER AS the famous Prewett twins sat either side of her at one lunch time. The two looked at her as if she was a science project and it made her knitted eyebrows go up. "May I help you?"

         "It's getting on our nerves, Merse," Fabian spoke first, his eyes squinting in scrutiny.

         "Will it interest me to know what?" Freya asked.

         "First you date Sirius," Giddeon started.

         "Then, James," Fabian followed.

         "And now Sirius — again!" they chorused.

         Freya opened her mouth but she was unsure what to say. She shook her head instead and scoffed though not mean, "I'm sorry, how does this effect you?"

         "You gave Sirius a second chance," Fabian pointed. "And you didn't give me one."

         Freya looked incredulously at the red head. She was trying to decipher whether he was actually serious because next to the Marauders, the Prewett twins were the biggest notorious jokers. But the information seemed to genuinely bother not only Fabian but his twin as well. So, she made a face of negotiation and said, "First, I never dated Sirius in the past."

         Fabian scoffed. Giddeon rolled his eyes. Freya tried not to smack them both. "Second," she said through slightly gritted teeth. "James and I were a mess so I had every right to end things."

         Fabian and Giddeon made approving faces at that statement. Freya continued, "And third, this is my first time actually dating Sirius. So, this wouldn't be considered a second chance."

         Fabian grunted. Gideon grumbled. And so Freya finished with a, "And we never dated, Fabian."

         "I was your first kiss though!"

         "Yeah, which was three years ago," Freya pointed, making a face. "Seriously, why are you both suddenly bringing this up?"

          Giddeon shrugged, he grabbed a grape from Freya's plate — to which the female scowled at — and said, "Fabian is convinced he could treat you better than either of those two."

         "Which I can!"

          Freya couldn't suppress a chuckle. She pinched Fabian's nose. "That's real sweet," the sixth year boy made a small yelp sound and Freya let go. She smiled at him and said, "But I'm very contented with Sirius."

          "And Sirius is very contended with her as well," Sirius Black himself spoke, arriving in the scene. He looked down at the two identical brothers with risen eyebrows. Abruptly, he squeezed himself in between Freya and Fabian, pushing the lad away intentionally. "Now, the two of you, shoo. Especially you Fabby."

          The twins gasped over dramatically. Freya chuckled as Sirius wrapped his arm around her waist subconsciously. But before the twins could react, a Daily Prophet was slammed onto the table in front of the four of them. It was Lily Evans who did the slamming.

          "Look at this," she said in an outraged voice. The four people already on the table forgot their own scene and their eyes trailed the big bold letters on the headline. MUGGLE KILLED BY AN UNKNOWN PERSONA. MINISTRY SPECULATES DEATH EATERS.

          In an instant, Freya's minds went to her mom. Sirius, of course, knew this already and he gripped her hand tight. Freya was grateful for it and held his hand back. Sirius was the best.