° 30 (PT. I)

"Why would you say that to her?!" Rylie's forlorn mood turned vexed the since the hour Aaron had left their home

"Why would you say that to her?!" Rylie's forlorn mood turned vexed the since the hour Aaron had left their home. He glares at his father as he paces the floor.

For a while after Aaron was gone he was furiously texting and calling her over and over until eventually the call went straight to voicemail. She had turned her phone off. His father and brothers knew better than to go on a manhunt for runaway foster kids being that they knew the streets better than anyone. Usually they had somewhere hide out or knew someone they went to when situations got tough.

But Aaron wasn't like the others. She never spoke of friends. Family. Or even acquaintances. She had no one. They all knew that yet, they all still knew that when a foster kid doesn't want to be found they know how to wipe themselves off the grid for however long it may be or until their resources run out.

Derrick had been pacing the floor for the hour and calling around asking his buddies in law enforcement to keep a look out. He called Kelly who all but screamed at him that he should have been able to stop a sixteen year old girl from running away. She insisted she would go look for her and demanded that Derrick keep her updated.

Chase had come over upon getting his dads call and knew that this would work Derrick into a frenzy. No matter how sweet or rotten the kids he sheltered were if they ran away Derrick was like a madman. He cared all too much and could burn a hole into the ground with all the constant walking back and fourth he'd do. He'd also get unnecessarily irritated at the slightest things.

"Rylie, I said what I did because I had to okay?" Derrick pinches the bridge of his nose trying to reign himself in and not snap at his young son but Rylie had been testing the waters with a snide attitude of his own. The two were like rams charging at each other.

"No you didn't! You said you didn't trust her when she does literally nothing and honestly how could you even have the audacity to say that when you went through her things," his eyes narrow on his fathers halted figure in front of the television and Cameron and Carter both seem to be interested in the argument taking place in front of them.

"I didn't–"

"Yes. You did. I'm not an idiot, my room was clean before we left and my clothes were already in the laundry bag," Rylie crosses his arms over his chest and leans back against the couch his haughty expression not wavering while Derrick purses his lips in thought.

"Rylie, I'm not going to do this right now. If you want to talk privately later we can but unless you're willing to give me any valuable information that can help me get Aaron back here you can go upstairs and call it a night," his eyes were serious as he gave him a pointed look that meant not to press any further and Rylie only huffs loudly before springing up from the couch and marching his way upstairs.

The loud slamming of his bedroom door resonates throughout both floors and Derrick only mutters a curse under his breath before plopping down on the coffee table and running a hand through his unkempt hair. Frustrated, he'd been practically tugging at it from the roots. Anxiety was hitting him stronger than usual over Aaron and he knew he'd need to take a breather before he works himself up.