° 37

"I'm huge," I huff and plop on the couch next to cameron

"I'm huge," I huff and plop on the couch next to cameron. I lean my head against his shoulder and he instinctively put his arm around me.

I welcome it.

He lets out a breathy laugh, "You aren't, I've seen girls at school who literally look like they're carrying a giant. You barely look like that."

I peek at him through my lashes, "I literally have to wear your dads clothes because mine don't fit! And neither will yours or Carters! I'm huge. A whale. And not to mention I swear it's like I can't stop eating."

"Yeah you have been clearing plates lately–"

"Cameron!"

"I'm just saying..."

I groan and shove his arm that was around me off and heave myself off the couch, "When this baby is out of me i'm gonna go jogging or something. Every day."

"Right," He deadpans.

"I am."

"I'm sure you are."

"I'm literally gonna go. Like, every morning."

"Ok."

"I bought workout clothes I'm serious."

"I never said you weren't."

"But you're thinking it!"

"So you read minds now?"

I narrow my eyes before turning away only to bump into Derrick, who has been running around the house manically because of some case he was working. He stops speaking loudly into the phone to assess if he somehow caused the baby to slip out of me because of a little bump. When he sees i'm fine he ushers me out of the way, and goes back to his room and begins speaking loudly again.

These past few months it felt like he was more busy than ever. If something wasn't going on with me and the baby it was work. It wasn't like he felt absent or anything he was just busy. It wasn't bothering  me but more and more was Jane starting to convince me to just ask the question. I was going to the other night just slightly bring up the topic but absentmindedly he sort of just brushed me off asking if what I needed was important in that exact moment because he had so much paper work to do and files to get in order and of course I said no.

I didn't want to ask anyway.

Derrick was working, Rylie was doing his usual scholarly studies, Cameron was lounging, and Carter–well I never knew exactly where Carter was ever. He was the type to be in Pajamas one day saying he had nothing to do and the next he was dressed and didn't come back until a few days later. It's not that I needed to know where he was but sometimes I just wanted to know. Carter still felt closed off to me. I knew he liked me now, we talked all the time but usually it was me talking and him
listening.

He was almost like a free therapist.

Today he strolled in the house after being gone for almost four days. All of which where school days. He greeted his brothers, let Derrick know he was back, which Derrick just looked up and gave him a wave out his room and shut the door right back again. I was in the kitchen making a sandwich. My fourth one of the day, Carter bumps me playfully and grabs the butter knife from my hand saying he was starving.