CH 41: The Competition

Start from the beginning

About an hour later we're both completely satisfied, but I'm now beyond exhausted. We snuggle together and quietly talk about our days before we drift off to sleep together.

---------------------

It's Thursday now and the competition is tomorrow. The last 11 days have been grueling. My uncle has been pushing me very hard in my training, to make sure I'm as safe as can be for tomorrow. As far as the competition, we even practiced over the weekend. I think all the competitors are ready for it to be over. Just one more day.

I know my trainings with uncle will continue, but hopefully he will take it a little easier on me soon. I really need to find the time to tell Ming and Forth about me and my family, but I haven't had a chance since we've been so busy. I will do it as soon as the competition is over.

---------------------

MING'S POV

This competition is completely killing my love life! I am so glad it will be over tomorrow.

I was only able to see Kit twice this last week, for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Which he thankfully agreed to even though he was tired and wanted to sleep in on his weekend.

I told him I was going to win the contest for him, but he seemed unconcerned about the outcome. He just told me to do my best and that would be enough. But I mean it. I'm going to win for him.

Forth and Yo have both been acting a little strange lately, but I've been too tired to follow up on it. This weekend after some rest, I'll make sure we get together and spend some time catching up.

---------------------

FORTH'S POV

Just one more day and we'll be done with this competition. Then we'll have the weekend to rest before starting school on Monday. We'll have some catching up to do since we're two weeks behind the other students, but the teachers will work with us. So, it'll be fine.

Poor Ming has been complaining about not being able to spend time with Kit, and I feel bad for him, but I'm having my own vampire mate problems.

Every night when I come back from practice, Beam is waiting in my room, and it's driving me crazy. He says he comes to talk, but he doesn't leave. He stays every night, but he doesn't let me touch him. His scent has completely invaded my room, so every morning when I wake up and he's gone, I can still smell him.

This is worse than him acting like an ass on our first date. This is torture.

---------------------

WAYO'S POV

Thank God! It's finally over!

Pha, Kit and Beam were in the audience to cheer us on and I even caught sight of my uncle during my performance.

The competition went pretty much the way I expected with Ming coming out on top as Campus Moon. I knew he would. The spectators went crazy over his Muay Thai performance, as they screamed and cheered, and the judges seemed pleased with all his answer to their questions.

I was able to keep my performance mostly under control, I think. At least my uncle gave me a pleased look before I saw him leave the auditorium. I did notice some stunned faces in the crowd, but most of them quickly shook off the effects and seemed normal from what I could tell.

However, there was one completely unexpected thing that happened. I won the Most Popular Moon award. There was a portion of the show where people voted for their favorite Moon by bringing roses to the competitors. I didn't really notice the growing pile of flowers behind me, mostly because I was wrapped up in looking at Pha standing in my line with a bouquet in his hands. I only wanted to talk to him. I only needed his flowers. So, when they announced my name, I was a little taken by surprise.

Pha and I are on the way back to the dorms now, when he turns to me, "N'Yo, I'm getting worried."

"About what, P'Pha?"

As he pulls into our parking lot and parks his car he says, "I'm happy you won a Moon Award, but now people have seen how cute you are and they're going to want to talk to you and get close to you. Argh, it irritates me even thinking about it! Promise me you will only see me! Only be mine!"

I snicker at his irritation and demands. Turning, I face him with my eyes wide and innocent and my voice soft and sweet, "P'Pha, Yo only wants to be with you. Don't worry, Yo will only look at P'Pha." I flutter my eyes at him for added measure.

I didn't expect him to grab me, pull me out of my seat and into his lap, so he could suck the life out of me with his kisses. Maybe I overdid it just a bit.

12.13.2017   8:11 am  US CST