CH 25: Movie & Dinner with Wolves

WAYO'S POV

We said goodbye to Kit and Beam, and Pha is driving us back to the dorms now. Lunch ended up being nice, even though it got off to a weird start. Both of Pha's friends were outgoing and talkative, and had lots of funny stories to tell of their times together.

As we drive up to the dorm parking lot I can see Forth and Ming walking out the building doors. Obviously, they had just been up to my room.

As soon as Pha parks, I get out of the car and say hello to my friends.

"Where have you been?" Ming asks.

"I had lunch with P'Pha and a couple of his friends." I say as Pha walks up and stands beside me.

Forth scowls at Pha, but then turns to me and smiles, "Shorty, we're going to go see the new movie you've been talking about. Do you want to go with us?"

"Yes! Yes! P'Forth, you know I've been wanting to go. Of course, I want to!" I bounce around a little. I'm so excited. I've been dying to see this film.

Forth, Ming & Pha are all smiling at my antics right now, but I'm so happy I can't help it. "When does it start? Where is the theatre? Do we need to go now? How do..."

"Shorty, Shorty!" Forth stops my babbling. When I'm a little calmer he continues, "We should leave soon to make it on time. Do you need to go up to your room for anything?"

"No P', I'm ready! Let's go."

As we head towards Ming's SUV I feel like something is missing. I look around and see Pha walking away from us towards the building doors.

I run over to him and grab his hand, stopping him. "Don't you want to go and see the movie?"

He looks down at our joined hands, then up at me in surprise. He pauses for a second seemingly in thought, then he looks past me, "I wasn't really invited, N'Yo."

"But..." I look at him then I also look behind me at Forth and Ming. I turn back to Pha, "Do you want to go P'? You don't have to, of course, but it you want to go that would be nice." I pause then say very quietly, "I'd like it if you came with us."

"Then yes, I'd very much like to go."

"Ok, give me a second P'. Wait right here." Now that I know he wants to go, I need to make this happen. I have to handle this the right way. This is going to take maximum effort on my part.

I turn and walk over to Ming and Forth, stopping when I'm just steps away. My head is hanging down, my hands held behind my back and the toe of my shoe scuffing the ground.

"P'Forth?"

"No."

"Ai'Ming?"

"No."

"B-but, p-please?" I put just a tiny bit of shakiness into my soft voice and a whole lot of pleading.

"No." They both say at the same time.

Alright, that's it. It's time for the big guns. I take a deep breath and lift my head to look at them. My eyes are wide open, and they are brimming with tears. My lips are heavily pouted with the bottom one quivering just the slightest bit. In the softest, shakiest voice I can manage, I ask again, "Please?"

There is silence for maybe twenty seconds, but I can see both of the have started to sweat and fidget. I think I have this one in the bag, maybe just a few more seconds...

"Damn it!" Forth curses loudly as he lowers his head and rubs his forehead. He heaves a giant sigh, "Fine, if it will make you happy, he can go. But that is not fair N'Yo."