CH 52: Dinner with the Fam

A/N:  Hi Everyone! I'm back! So let's jump right in...

------------------------

PHANA'S POV

It's Wednesday and we're having dinner with Yo's family tonight. They picked an upscale restaurant about 20 minutes from the school, and Yo and I are driving there now.

When we arrive, we are shown to a small private room and we find Yo's grandparents and uncle waiting there for us. All three of them had risen from their seats and moved to greet Yo when he walked through the door. However, his grandfather stopped in his tracks when he saw me enter the room behind him.

"Why is he here?" his grandfather asks out loud. "In case you didn't know, this is a family dinner." He says pointedly to me.

Wow, talk about a slap to the face. The old man doesn't waste any time at all. I knew this was a bad idea, but Yo was determined that I come with him, so I agreed. Now I think I should just go back to the dorms for tonight. I don't want Yo to feel stressed over this. I move to his side to tell him my intention, but he speaks first.

"Uncle, Grandmother, it was very nice to see you tonight, but I think we are going home now. Grandfather, good night." He grabs my hand, turns, and starts pulling me from the room.

"Wait, no!" His grandmother cries as she moves quickly to block his path. "I haven't got to spend any time with you, please don't leave." She looks on the verge of tears.

With his free hand, Yo takes one of her hands and holds it. "Gran, I wish I could stay. I want to spend time with you too, but I will not stay here if P'Pha is not welcome. He is my boyfriend and I love him. Grandfather being mean to him is not going to change that fact. I want to get to know you both and I want us to be a family, but I will not do it at the expense of my boyfriend."

I feel like my heart is about to burst from my chest with happiness. Watching him defend our relationship to his family is incredible. I would have given way and gone home tonight, determined to try again at another time, but Yo is drawing a line in the sand right now. Gawd! He looks so fierce and cute at the same time. Why is he so damn sexy? I want to grab him and kiss him... ARGH! Not here!

His Gran looks at him, then looks past him, "Please don't leave yet. Just... give me a minute." She pats his cheek then moves past us towards Yo's grandfather. We turn to see what she is going to do.

Marching right up to him, she pokes him in the chest with her finger. "Look here, Atid Sengsuwan. I just got my grandson back, if you mess this up for me you are going to have hell to pay. Do you understand me?"

"Honey, now we talked about this. I think he's too young..."

"He doesn't seem to care what you think and I'm not sure I do either. So, stop trying to drive Phana away, for at least tonight, because you're driving our grandson away instead. Is that what you want?"

"Of course not Malee..."

"I didn't think so. Now behave."

"Yes dear." Atid replies as he sulks.

Wow. Yo's grandmother rules the roost. I look over at Yo thoughtfully, wondering if he will be as bossy of a wife as his grandmother. I kind of hope so. A smile explodes across my face at the thought.

Malee turns back to us and marches over, she takes Yo's hand and leads him back to the table. Since I'm holding his other hand I follow along. "Now, everyone, sit down and we will start this evening again."

We all sit at her command. It's a round table and I have Charong on my left and Yo on my right. Malee is sitting on Yo's other side with Atid between her and Charong, completing the circle.