CH 41: The Competition

WAYO'S POV

Pha stayed with me last night and fussed over me every time I tried to do something for myself. While I enjoy the attention, it can't go on. I feel completely fine this morning and I'm perfectly capable of doing things for myself. It's not like I was dying last night anyway, I was just sore.

I glance over at the clock, its 7am now, and we're both still in bed. "P'Pha, what time do your classes start?"

"At 9am today, and they last all day. What time does practice let out tonight?"

"I don't know. They told us to prepare for long days, so late probably."

"N'Yo, between school and practice, we won't have a lot of time together over the next two weeks." He says as he looks at me pitifully. "I will most likely only be able to see you at night, so... uhm..." He fidgets a little with the blanket as he pauses.

He's cute when he's nervous. "P'Pha," I say catching his attention, "I think I will miss you too much during the days, can you sleep over with me, so I can see you?"

He gives me a bright smile and pulls me to him for a hug and a kiss, "Yes."

---------------------

Pha left for his classes about 20 minutes ago, when I hear a knock on my door, it's Uncle Charong.

As he walks in the doorway he stutters to a halt beside me and looks me over. His hand reaches for the collar of my shirt and pushes it back as he surveys of the love bites on my neck. Before I can push his hand away, he continues walking past me into my room.

"You have a partner?" He asks.

Obviously, duh! "Yes, Uncle."

"Boy or girl?"

I blush but hold my head up proudly as I answer, "Boy."

"Hmph. You should wait till you finish some of your training before you date."

"I had already accepted him before I knew about you or me or anything really. I won't give him up now. Besides, he doesn't care about me being a half-blood."

"You already told him?"

"Yes."

My uncle just gives me a look then hmphs again, before he settles in a chair to begin our lessons for the day.

---------------------

After Uncle leaves I change into my school uniform and head downstairs to wait for Ming and Forth to pick me up so we can go together to the competition meeting.

We spent a long repetitive day working on a dance routine. Then we learned how to they wanted us to walk and talk on stage, and what faculty order we would be introduced in.

By the time they let us go it was after 10pm and everyone was exhausted. Luckily, they had fed us dinner, so the guys simply took me home and dropped me at my dorm building, saying they'd pick me up again tomorrow.

I trudge up to my room and tiredly let myself in. As I turn to take off my shoes, I'm engulfed in a hug from behind, "I missed you today."

My body relaxes against his, as I let his warmth and presence soothe the tiring day away from my mind. "Yo missed P'Pha too."

He turns me in his arms, "Damn, that was too cute. Say it again."

I swear he does these things to make me shy on purpose. I look down but still say it quietly, "Yo missed P'Pha." He pinches my cheeks then drags me straight to the bed.