CH 38: Dates with Vampires (P2 - ForthxBeam)

FORTH'S POV

Yo picked out an outfit for my date too and I look pretty good if I say so myself. I hope Beam likes it.

I'm driving over now to meet him at the coffee shop he chose, which luckily isn't far from campus. I'm about 15 minutes early, but when I pull up I see him waiting outside leaning against a small SUV.

I quickly park, climb out of my car, and walk over to him. "Did I get the time wrong?"

"No, you're early. I was just earlier." He smirks at me.

"Ok, so, do you want to go in now?"

"No, not really. I don't like coffee."

"But you picked this place out, right?"

"Yeah, but I had to think fast, and this is what popped into my head. Pha's cutie was pressuring me."

"Who? Yo? Was pressuring you?" I ask unbelievingly, but the picture makes itself clearer as he talks.

"Yeah, he was giving me the pouty lips and sad puppy eyes. I couldn't escape. How have you managed to deal with it these last few years?" He asks exasperated.

"Well, to be honest, I just give in. It's the easiest thing to do. There's no winning against the pout. I've tried. Luckily, he's a good kid, so the things he wants are never too bad." I chuckle.

"If you say so."

"Since you don't like coffee, would you like to go to dinner?" I offer a new idea.

"Neh, I already ate." He shoots my suggestion down and just stands there waiting.

"Alright, how about a movie?"

"What's showing right now?" He asks.

"I'll check." I grab my phone and pull up the app checking nearby theatres. I start listing off the movies.

"Seen it. Sounds boring. Isn't that a RomCom? That's a hard no. I'll pass." I'm getting a little frustrated, as he shoots down every one of the shows.

"Ok, well that's all the movies. Do you have a suggestion?"

"Bar? There's a decent one not far from here. Or a club? Can you dance?"

"For a first date?" Is he joking right now?

"Whoa, wait a minute. Date?" He asks incredulously.

"Isn't that what we're doing? A date? You said you'd give me three months..."

"I said I'd give you three months to convince me not to reject you. I didn't say we'd date during that time."

I don't even know what to say to that. I was looking forward to this moment all day and now... this. Pha told me Beam could be hard to deal with, but I thought he was exaggerating. I really don't have any other choice than to go along with his suggestion for now and see where it leads.

"If you really want to go to a bar or club, we can. Do you want to ride together? We can take my car."

"No, I'll drive my car. You can follow me in yours."

"Ok." I say then turn around and head back to my car. Well this is going just swell. So much for trying to get to know him. What was the point in giving me three months if it's going to be like this. Does he want me to give up on my own, so he doesn't have to reject me? Doesn't he understand that I can't do that, no matter how awful the next three months are?

---------------------

BEAM'S POV

I didn't think he'd make it through that conversation without giving up, but he did. I'm driving to the club now and I can see him following me closely in his car. Well, let's see how he handles the rest of the night.