CH 57: Heart and Body Will Know (Part 1)

A/N:  So, Wattpad has been acting like a brat the last two days. I'm having trouble updating and I don't think the notifications are working. I hope everyone is getting to read these chapters in a timely manner.

--------------------

FLASHBACK – BEAM'S POV

"So, what are your thoughts on Forth so far, Ai'Beam?"

"Geez, Ai'Kit! Stop asking. It's only been two weeks, and you've been hounding me about it every day. I told you, I'll deal with it in my own time."

"Yes, but you said you've been talking to him every night, right?" Kit ask, pestering me with his questions.

"He seems fine." Actually, I've grown to like Forth, but I'm not ready to tell Kit that. Changing the subject, I ask, "What about your wolf? Have you made a decision?"

"No. Ming seems like a really decent guy, but I haven't had much time to spend with him since the competition has thrown off his schedule. I only saw him twice last week for breakfast. I'm going to take my time and try and make the best choice possible."

"Can't you do anything spontaneous, Ai'Slowpoke?"

"Not when it involves the rest of my life."

Hmm, "Don't you mean the rest of his life?" Kit turns his head away at my inquiry, and I sit up straight and lean forward, "Ai'Kit, don't tell me you're thinking of Soul Bonding that wolf."

"No." He looks over at me then away again, "Not right now. I haven't even decided about the mating yet. But it'll be something I consider if everything works out."

I sit back in my chair dumbfounded by his words. It's one thing to be tied down for a couple hundred years, but for the rest of my life? Possibly a thousand years. To the same person? I seldom spend more than a couple nights with the same person, before I move on.

I realize I spoke out loud when he answers, "Trust me I know. I've watched you do it for decades now. But someone could change that one day and if it's the right person, then it's worth it."

"How do you know when it's the right person?" I question him.

"You'll just know. Your heart and body will tell you. It's not a conscious choice you can make, you'll just feel it. It'll be different from the way you've felt with anyone before." Kit says dreamily.

"Shit, Ai'Kit, you almost had me until you started spouting that sappy nonsense." I tell him hiding my interest in his words with my sarcasm.

"You'll see. One day it will happen to you. Maybe sooner than you think. And I will laugh my ass off because you're an idiot."

--------------------

As I'm standing in my dorm room cooking dinner for my date with Forth tonight. I let my mind roam over what Kit and I talked about earlier today and what I've learned about Forth so far.

Since that disaster of a first date, I had spent the last two weeks getting to know Forth. Every night I went to his room and we spent time talking about anything and everything. Our lives. School. Work. Friends. Nothing seemed to be off limits.

Kit said I'd be different with the right person, well I was definitely different with him. I didn't talk to people, but I talked to Forth. I didn't make an effort to get to know people, but I was doing just that with him. Normally, I slept with people and sent them on their way, but I couldn't even think of doing that to Forth. The sending him on his way part at least. I considered fucking him every time I saw him.