CH 42: Good Enough to Eat

WAYO'S POV

Now that the competition is over, I need to sit down and talk to Ming and Forth about my new-found heritage. Pha has told me repeatedly not to stress over it and that my friends care for me and will accept me no matter what. I already know that, but I'm still nervous and stressing over this.

"Yo! Are you paying any attention at all today? Where is your mind wandering off to?" My uncle asks.

"Sorry, uncle. I was thinking about what I'm going to tell my friends when I meet them for lunch."

"The wolves? You're going to tell them today about what you are?"

"Yes, uncle."

"Well, I wouldn't be too worried. From what I understand of your friendship with them, they will accept it just fine." He says confidently.

"Uncle, how do you know so much about my life? You never explained."

"Oh, that's easy, your butler. He knew me from when I'd visit your mother. He would give me updates on how you were doing when I asked."

Ok, that's a little creepy. "Alright, well, that was nice of him, I guess." I say out loud though.

---------------------

I'm meeting the boys for lunch, just the three of us. It was hard to convince Pha not to come. He finally gave in, but only because I agreed to let him drop me off and pick me up.

I'm sitting at the table now, waiting for them to arrive, and I've already ordered all their favorite foods, so they'll be in a good mood for when I tell them.

---------------------

FORTH'S POV

Pha texted to warn us about lunch today, and Yo's intention to tell us about him being a siren. While Ming and I already knew, we needed to handle this situation very carefully. We weren't going to lie to him and act all surprised and crazy, but we were going to shift around a few of the facts about the way we found out. I keep telling myself that we're not protecting the leech by doing this. We're protecting Yo's feeling, that's what matters here.

When we walk into the restaurant we look for Yo, but can't find him. We ask the waitress about him and she leads us to a small but private room.

He's sitting, but jumps up when we enter the room to run over and give us hugs. He then turns and begins pulling us back to the large table that is practically groaning under the weight of all the food he ordered. He must really be worried if he's trying to bribe us with food. Our Yo is not very subtle, thank goodness.

We all sit and start to eat, but Yo only picks at his food. When I can't stand watching him anymore I catch Ming's gaze and give him a nod.

Ming being the master of subtlety he is, begins, "Ai'Yo what horrible thing have you done that you need to tell us about? Did you kill someone? Do we have to help you hide a body? 'Cause I'll help you, but you're definitely going to owe me more food if that's it."

If I could reach him I would definitely smack him right now. Instead I can only be irritated at him, but Yo's head popped up when Ming started talking. At first, he wore a surprised expression, but then a long-suffering look washed over his face. I silently agree. I feel the same way.

"Ai'Jerk, I didn't kill anyone... yet." He smiles, but then it falters as he starts to fidget. "but I do have something I need to tell you both." He says seriously.

Ming opens his big mouth again, "Well hurry up and spit it out. The food is getting cold."

"Guys I'm... uhm, well... you see my mom... Argh! I don't know how to start. Look, I found out before the competition that I'm part Fae and then I didn't have a chance to tell you because we got so busy and I didn't want to blurt it out, but I was also worried you might not want to be friends with me anymore, so I waited. And now it's time to tell you and I still didn't know how, but now you know."