CH 40: No Escape for You (Part 1)

Warning: Mature Content in this Chapter – You have been warned! Not interested then I'm not sure why you're reading this book since it's marked 'Mature'.  

PHANA'S POV

I know his uncle left a little while ago, but it's been very quiet in Yo's room since then. I'm starting to worry. He didn't have lunch, so maybe I could use that as an excuse to go see him. Less than a minute, later I'm knocking on Yo's door. It takes him a bit, but he answers and gives me a sad, smile as he says hello.

"I was going to get a late lunch N'Yo. Would you like to go with me?"

"I don't think so, P'Pha. But, I was going to order in some food. Would you maybe, like to join me instead of going out?"

At least he's not isolating himself. "Sure, that would be fine." I smile as he lets me into his room. We call in our lunch order, then take seats on the couch together to wait.

"P'Pha, I have something to tell you. Something I learned today that I think you need to know, before we go any farther. You might not want to be with me after you find out." He says sadly sounding unsure. He looks really serious and nervous right now. I didn't expect him to tell me so soon, but now I hope he hurries so I can comfort him. He looks so upset and I want to hug him.

I turn him to face me, "N'Yo, nothing could make me change my mind about us. So, tell me whatever it is, and we'll work it out. Ok?"

He nods his head and takes a deep breath, then lets it out. "P'Pha... I'm not human." He glances up to me and when I give him a raised eyebrow, he lowers his head again and continues, "I'm half Fae, a siren. My mom was a siren." His fists are clenched so tight his hands are shaking and he's kind of hunched in on himself, as if waiting for a blow.

"You just found out today?" I ask as I take his hands in mine.

"Yes, my uncle came to talk to me and start my training. That's another thing I didn't know about. I have an uncle and apparently more family I haven't ever met." He states with a little anger in his voice.

"That had to be overwhelming. How are you holding up?"

He's so cute as he keeps sneaking glances up at me to see my reactions. "I'm not sure what to think right now. I'm angry and sad and happy all at the same time."

"That's a lot going on emotionally. I'll listen if you need someone to talk. Want to tell me about it?" He's slowly relaxing as we discuss this calmly. I'm glad I didn't walk into a total angst storm. This could have gone so badly, but it seems his uncle handled it well.

We talk about everything he learned today, eat lunch together, and continue talking. I know he's not going to suddenly be ok with everything he learned today, that's unrealistic, but I think he's off to a good start of accepting the things he learned about himself and his family.

"P'Pha, doesn't it bother you at all? What I told you about me?" He asks hesitantly.

I chuckle at him, "Don't you think it would be hypocritical of me to be unhappy because you're not a human? You accepted me, and I'm a vampire." I put my hands on either side of his face and pull him to me for a peck on the lips, "N'Yo, what you are means very little to me. I love who you are too much to care." Argh, I didn't mean to say the "L" word yet, I don't want to scare him off. I look at him trying to gauge his reaction.

I catch the look of disbelief on his face as his mouth rounds in a small of 'o' of wonder just seconds before his eyes blaze over completely with blue/green fire. Barely another second passes before his body crashes against mine, sending us both to the floor. A small oomph leaves me when he lands on top, straddling me. But I have no time to recover as he immediately seizes my mouth for a searing kiss, thrusting his tongue inside to taste me. His tongue twists and twines with mine, teasing me and challenging me.