The Rules: Taking a Bite Out of the Moons AU

A/N:  So I heated you up with Ch 12 and now I'm going to cool you down with my AU rules. I finally got them exactly how I want them, so here they are. Hopefully they answer any questions you might have.

PS... I didn't want to charge you an update for these, so regular update will still be in the morning.  :-]

--------------------

WEREWOLVES

Most children have their first shifts between ages 8-10. Children first shift into the wolf pup forms. Their initial weight is usually weigh around 10-15 pounds. Pups usually double their weigh within 6-8 weeks and continue growing from there. It usually takes 2 ½ - 3 years for their wolf forms to grow to adulthood. Their adult wolf forms coincide with the start of puberty for most children.

There are many rankings in a wolf pack beyond Alpha, Beta and Omega. Most wolves fall in the normal or middle rankings of the hierarchy and fill a variety of roles. Your place in the pack hierarchy is sorted out between first shift and puberty, but there are personality traits and clues you can see while kids are growing which give hints about their future pack roles / rankings.

Omegas are necessary for pack health because of their emotional connection to the pack. Omegas have a higher sensitivity to emotions and can feel the emotions of others. They can also project ('leak') emotions onto the pack generally to a lesser degree.

Wolves are immune to most human diseases and cannot carry or pass STDs onto others. Also, only mated wolf x wolf pairs can breed, so unmated wolves can't produce children. Due to this fact, unmated wolves tend to be very promiscuous and sleep with many partners, including partners of the same sex.

After the age of 18 wolves can 'scent' their mates if they are within range. Mates are looked at as gifts given by the Moon Goddess. Wolves only get one true mate during their lifetime. Mated pairs can consist of male x female, male x male, and female x female. There is almost no bigotry in the packs, and prejudice against same sex pairings seldom happens since you have no idea what mate the Moon Goddess has chosen for you until you meet them.

Mate Rejection:

Wolf x Wolf: There is almost no mate rejection between wolf x wolf pairings, since you only get one chance for a mate.

Wolf x Human: Humans do not feel the beginnings of the 'Mating Pull' like a wolf, therefore they can choose to ignore a wolf's claim on them as a mate. However, even though Humans have the choice not to mate with a wolf and can continue to live their lives just fine, Mate Rejection is still relatively low, +/- 20%, due to the benefits of accepting a wolf as a mate. Benefits include: extended life, pack acceptance, and the mating bond.

Wolf x Vampire: Vampires do not feel the beginnings of the 'Mating Pull' like a wolf, therefore they can choose to ignore a wolf's claim on them as a mate. Also, among Vampires, Mate Rejection is +/- 70%, since there are few benefits to accepting a wolf as a mate. Benefits include: pack acceptance, and the mating bond.

Wolf x Fae: Fae do not feel the beginnings of the 'Mating Pull' like a wolf, therefore they can choose to ignore a wolf's claim on them as a mate. Mate rejections vary wildly depends on the type of Fae involved.

Both partners are marked in the mating process. The bite is held through climax while the bond literally snaps into place. It takes a few days for the bond to form completely and settle. During those first few days, the mates will feel the overwhelming need to re-enforce the bond with skin-to-skin contact and sex.

Wolf x Wolf (WxW): During sex, nearing climax the dominant partners teeth will elongate in preparation to administer the 'mating mark' which begins the bonding process. Right before climax, the dominant partner bites into the shoulder of the submissive partner which will trigger the submissive's own 'bite reflex'.