CH 62: Who is Park

WAYO'S POV

Our group had breakfast together before everyone went home to try to catch some more sleep. We were all exhausted and needed showers and rest. Pha and I got cleaned up then took a long nap together.

When we woke up that afternoon, we made love slowly. Taking our time, touching and tasting every inch of exposed skin. We lingered over each other's body as if it was last time we might be together.

Pha's worried about losing me, I know that. The attempts on my life are really bruising him mentally and emotionally, causing him to be more possessive and protective than normal. So, I wasn't too surprised, as we were laying together afterwards cuddling and talking, to have he ask me to Soul-Bond with him. I feel like he's trying to tie me to him in every way possible in hopes of diminishing the possibilities of losing me.

Honestly, I can't think of anything I want to do more, however, I asked him to give me a little time to think about it. I know it hurt his feeling for me to ask him to wait and I'm sure he was confused by my plea for time, but I have a good reason. What is it? Easy - if we can't figure out how to stop the person trying to kill me, I might die.

I don't want to die and will do everything I can to stop it, but I'll be damned if I'm risking Pha's life with mine. There is no way I can agree to Soul-Bonding with him until this threat is gone.

-------------------

CHARONG'S POV

Park. Park. That name has been bugging me. Why does it sound familiar? I feel like I know someone with that name, or I've heard it before and it was someone I should remember. It has to be a coincidence since I don't know many young people, but it's still lurking at the back of my thoughts. I shake my head to ear my thought, I need to focus.

Today's Monday and I set up a meeting with Kovit, Yo's laywer. He's been helping me get in touch with the right people for finding certain pieces of information. Kovit seems to have made lots of underground contacts in his day to day work and I'm using them shamelessly to help find answers.

Ever since these 'accidents' started happening to Wayo, I've been trying to find out who's causing them. I hired private detectives to look into the disappearance of the CCTV footages, but they've come up with nothing. Now I have people out looking for more information on the car from the video, but I'm not really hopeful. These people have been covering their tracks too well for us to find them by tracing a car.

"Here's the report we have so far on the car. We found the pickup spot from the footage, but we lose them off the screens about four miles from the intersection. My people are still looking into it though." He sums up the details.

"Anything regarding the car's registration or who it belongs to?"

"Yes, we found that info. It belongs to a young couple from a small town outside the city. They use it to commute to their jobs, but the car was reported stolen almost a week ago. So, another dead end basically." He sighs in frustration.

"Well if this is all there is, I'm going to grab some lunch and head home. If anything comes up, call me."

"Of course. Oh, by the way, here's the report on Wayo's father you asked me for not too long ago. Sorry, it got pushed to the side with everything else going on right now."

The report is several pages long and I decide I'll read it over lunch. Not the best reading material to calm my digestion, but I need to know what's going on with him. "Anything in here I should know right now."

"Short version is his company is in the toilet, he's broke and in debt up to his eyeballs. He owes a lot of money to some very nasty people. The wife sent the kids away to school earlier this year and she's moved out of the house they've been sharing. So, that relationship is in shambles and honestly, I'm surprised it lasted this long. It's all detailed in the report though."