CH 2: Making New Friends

FORTH'S POV

"Where the hell is Ming?" I look around at our four friends and just get shrugged shoulders in answer. "He said 10 minutes, didn't he?"

"Maybe something happened that's holding him up."

"Yeah, alright, maybe. He's got five minutes..."

"Hey guys, I'm here, sorry I'm late." Ming yells as he's running towards to the court.

"Where the hell have you been? We've been waiting for you." I yell back at him. As I take a closer look, I can see he's dragging a smaller boy along behind him.

When he finally gets within talking range, he drops his bag on the ground and takes a second to catch his breath, the smaller boy with him just collapses to his hands and knees on the ground gasping for air.

"What took so long and who is that?" Why is it taking so long to answer? I'm already irritated at him, come on, start talking.

"Give me a sec, geez! Alright, so I went by my locker and was coming here when I saw these five humans bullying this kid. You know I can't stand that, right? So, anyway, when I finally made them leave, he was all by himself, and I couldn't just leave him there. I mean what if they came back, so I brought him here with me." He says with a smile on his face.

"Alright, what's his name?"

"He's Yo. Right, Ai'Yo?" Ming says as he turns to the boy who is finally climbing to his feet.

"Y-Yes." Yo answers timidly back, talking to the ground.

I look him over and there's not much to him. He's super short. "Is he going to play basketball with us?"

"Nah, he's just going to sit and watch." Ming steps closer to Yo and throws him arm over his shoulders. "Ai'Yo, I'll introduce you to P'Forth now and the rest of our friends after the game, since the bastards wandered off to warm up without us, ok?

Yo just nods. Ming pulls him forward a couple of steps then says, "P'Forth Jamornhun meet Wayo Panitchayasawad."

As the kid finally looks up at me, whatever words I was going to utter are trapped in my throat. I end up choking a little and have to cough to cover it. What the hell? Is he a boy or a girl?

Meanwhile that bastard Ming is just dying laughing. Like holding his stomach, bent over, cackling.

"What the hell's the matter with you?" I yell at him and I see Yo flinch out of the corner of my eye. Oops didn't mean to scare the poor kid, I guess I need to tone it down.

I look back at Ming, who is finally calming down. He points at me and says, "I was waiting to see your face, it was priceless!" He turns to Yo. "Look, why don't you sit on that bench right there and you can watch us play, alright?" Yo nods again, turns and walks away towards the bench.

Ming turns back to me, "Man, thank goodness, I hoped I wasn't the only one?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Yo. When he first looked up at me I was stunned. All I could think about was how pretty he was. It makes me feel better seeing it caught you by surprise the same way."

"You're so stupid. I admit he's damn pretty though." I clear my throat, "Anyway, Panitchayasawad. Are you sure that's his name?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because if that's right then his family is like one of the richest families in our country, N'Idiot."

Ming looks at me then over at Yo sitting on the bench. Yo waves at us and we both wave back like idiots before we stop ourselves.

"That boy?" Ming asks, glancing at Yo again.

"Yes, that boy."

"Then why was he getting picked on?"

"I don't know..."

One of our friends interrupts with a yell, "Guys come on! If we're going to play, let's play."

I elbow him in the side, "Let's talk about this on the way home."

"Alright." He looks over at our friends, "You seem in a big hurry to lose!"

Ming and I join our friends on the court and start the game.

--------------------

WAYO'S POV

They seem nice, especially Ming. I couldn't believe it when he stopped those boys from hurting me earlier. No one has done anything like that for me before. Forth seems nice too, although he's kind of loud and looks a little scary.

Do they really want to be my friends? I'm nervous and excited and afraid all at the same time.

Watching them as they run up and down the court like crazy people is kind of fun. They're going to be hot and thirsty when they get done with the game and I don't see any water bottles with their bags. I think I'll run inside to the vending machine and grab some waters for them.

--------------------

MING'S POV

I glance over to check on Yo and see he's not sitting on the bench anymore. I start looking around for him. "Ouch, what the hell guys!" Someone just landed the ball against the back of my head. "That fucking hurt you bastards!"

"What are you doing? We're in the middle of a game. Pay attention!" Forth complains to me. He's probably the one who hit me with the ball.

"Yo's missing. Did you see where he went?"

"No, N'Stupid. I was playing basketball with you. Maybe he got bored and went home."

I glance around one more time, and spot Yo coming out of the school building. His hands are full of water bottles and he's trying not to drop them. I leave the court and start making my way towards him.

As he reaches the four steps leading down from the school entry way, I see one of the boys from earlier run towards him from out of the doorway. Before I can do or say anything, the boy slams into Yo's back and sends him tumbling down the set of stairs. He lands at the bottom, sprawled on the ground, not moving.

I take off running towards him, screaming behind me, "P'Forth! Help!" 

-----------------------

A/N:

Ok, so I got tricked by sad puppy eyes into updating this story today, but now no more until next week!   :-P

I hope you're liking it!  Don't forget this is going to be a slow burn. 

Please remember to comment and vote everyone!