CH 17: Mouthwatering

PHANA'S POV

I'm making him nervous, so I decide that's enough for tonight. "It was very nice to meet you, N'Wayo."

"Yo, P'Pha. You can call me Yo, if you want. It's what my friends call me."

"N'Yo. I like that." I look him over once more before heading towards the door. I slip my shoes back on and open the door stepping into the hall. He's standing in the entrance looking at me. "I'm sure I'll see you around, N'Yo. Make sure you lock your door, na?"

"Yes, P'Pha. See you around." He pushes the door closed as I walk away, and I listen to make sure he locks it. I head straight to my room and enter. I push the door closed behind me and lean against it as I slowly sink to the floor.

I talked to him. After all these years, I finally talked to him. I didn't expect to run into him tonight as I was coming back to the dorm, but I certainly couldn't let the opportunity pass me by.

He looked so cute standing at the building entrance, juggling his bag and box, trying to open the door. It was just a spontaneous decision to reach past him to help with the door, but it let me lean in close. I was able to breathe in his clean fresh scent and talk into his ear. I was so close! I saw the shiver that ran through him as my breath hit his ear. Aaarrrgg! Damn, I'm excited! I need to calm down. It was just one maybe 10-minute conversation.

I rise from the floor trying to calm myself, but I can't. I'd been waiting 15 years for that conversation. Sure, he didn't know that, but I did. I thought it went well, but I made him a little nervous at the end. I couldn't help it though, when he called me P'Phana for the first time all I could do was stare at him. But then P'Pha fell from his lips right after, and I knew I had to get out of his room or I was going to jump him!

I need to do better. Making him a little nervous is ok, but I have to make sure I don't come off as scary. I need to try to plan our next interaction in advance, so it will go more smoothly.

I hear the muffled sound of music start through the wall separating our room. Classical, that makes since with his love of the piano. As I focus and concentrate, I can hear the small bumps of boxes being moved and the general noises of him settling in, then I hear the shower turn on. Oh no. I need to focus on something else. I absolutely cannot sit here and think of him taking a shower. Now I'm second guessing my choice to have his room next to mine. How am I going to get any sleep? I'll be tempted to be in his room every night. It's going to be heaven and hell, I think.

It was an easy decision at the time it was made. Move him out of the same dorms with those dogs he's friends with, and get him as far across campus, by himself, as I could. I just made some quick changes to his paperwork one night while I was in his room and presto change-o! We're neighbors.

I'd been in his house often lately, keeping tabs on him and wanting to make sure everything went smoothly with his transition to college. Plus, I needed to make sure I had all the information available and as up to date as possible. Had to make sure I didn't miss anything important.

My being in his house had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I needed to be near him, that the necessity to see him and be in his presence had only gotten worse in the last three years as he got older.

Nevertheless, now the waiting was over. I could see him every day. I could talk to him every day. And slowly but surely, I would court him, and make him mine.

---------------------

WAYO'S POV

Wow, I've only been here a few hours and I think I already made a new friend. It makes me feel better about being so far away from Ming and Forth. I was worried about being alone since I'm on the other side of the campus from them, but now I think I'll be ok.