CH 43: Deja Vu

WAYO'S POV

Almost three weeks have passed since actual school started now, and I feel like I am finally settling into a groove. It took a bit of extra work to catch up from the time spent on the competition, but now I feel like I'm at the same level as everyone else.

When you tell people you're majoring in music, they think your school life is filled with fun and games, and that you're sitting around composing and playing music all day long. However, in reality, I still have classes like math, science and history that I have to attend and homework for them I have to complete.

It's Thursday and thankfully I'm finally done with classes for the day. Ming and Forth said they'd give me a ride back to the dorm, so I'm heading out to wait for them now. I'm walking through the hall and when I finally reach the front of the building I step out onto the landing and see the guys walking towards me from the parking lot. I wave to let them know I see them and they give me a wave back.

As I move forward to walk down the stairs, I feel something strike me from behind strong enough to make me lose my balance and send me tumbling down.

---------------------

MING'S POV

What the fuck just happened?!? Yo stopped to wave at us as he was coming out of his faculty building and the next thing, he was falling down the flight of stairs in front of him.

I feel my stomach drop and a crazy sense of déjà vu steals over me, as Forth and I take off running to Yo's side. I scan the area while Forth looks Yo over, but it's probably too late. I should have done it right when it happened, I was just too shocked to think about it.

Forth picks Yo up and carries him to the SUV. "Get in!" he yells at me. I climb into the back seat and he lays Yo back there with me, so I can hold onto him while he drives. Less than 10 minutes later we are at an emergency clinic and they are checking Yo out in one of the screened off areas, while Forth and I nervously await word.

"P'Forth, what the hell? That was almost the exact same thing that happened three years ago. How did he fall? I didn't see anyone push him, but I didn't look around immediately after he fell."

"I saw someone behind him, but I didn't get a good look at them. And you're right it was similar, almost too similar to be a coincidence."

"Oh shit, shouldn't we call Pha. You know he's going to flip out when he gets to the dorm and Yo isn't there and he can't get ahold of him."

"Yeah, I'll take care of it. Stay here while I go outside and call him. I'll be right back."

---------------------

PHANA'S POV

I'm pulling up in the parking lot of the dorm when my phone starts ringing. I look down and see it's Forth calling. "Ai'Forth, hello. How's it going?"

"Ai'Pha... look, I need to tell you something and I need you to stay calm, ok?" Forth sounds hesitant and stressed out.

"What's the matter?" I question getting nervous.

"We're at the emergency clinic with Yo, he..."

I interrupt immediately, "WHAT? Why? What happened?"

"Calm down and I'll tell you!" Forth yells at me. "Someone pushed Yo down the stairs in the front of his faculty building. He's being checked out right now, but he was unconscious when we brought him in. You should probably come here. I will send you the address."

I don't know what to say. I'm speechless. Why would anyone hurt Yo?

"Ai'Pha? Pha! Are you coming?"