Capturing the Moment

Start from the beginning

"Relax, it's just me. Has everyone already left?"

He nodded, turning his gaze back to Regina to see if she showed any signs of waking up.

"The medicine they've given her is so unnecessary," she muttered, mostly to herself, "she would've been fine with an aspirin and bed rest for a couple hours."

Robin smiled. "Well, you sure know what you're doing. I don't know what we would've done without you." He said, sincerity showing through his voice.

"As I said, happy to help," she replied simply, putting a hand on his shoulder, "you did good today too. I honestly thought you were going to hurt me when I told you there was no way out- your car is still parked at my diner, by the way."

He figured the keys were probably still in the diner as well. "I suppose we'll be there whenever we can to move it."

"You two have got a busy schedule for the next few months," she remarked, "how in the world are you going to fit marriage into this? Ruby's been fangirling about it for as long as you've been back- it's getting annoying."

Her enthusiasm was definitely emphatic. "I can't wait to finally be married to her. It just feels like we already are, with the baby and everything."

"She won't be easy to take care of, just being honest," Granny said, though he already knew that, "but it'll all be worth it. Might I suggest getting a bigger car? Getting that baby in there with her car seat will not be fun, trust me. I've seen Regina nearly kill herself over getting Roland strapped in far too many times- she's had that Mercedes forever now, get a minivan or something easy."

Robin had no idea what a minivan was, but he nodded anyways. She then glanced down at his tattoo, seeming more noticeable than ever.

"Regina had a good heart, she just needs someone to protect it for her. She's seen so much more than she ever needs to- that's why I'm glad she found you."

The words of kindness came so quickly, Robin wasn't sure he was ready for them. And just as quickly as they came, they were gone. She glanced up towards the bed, where Regina let out a soft moan.

"I better get going. Got four feet of snow to trudge though- the joys of living in Maine." Granny said, turning towards the door and closing it without a sound.

Regina blinked her eyes open a second or two later, glancing around the room with a confused look on her face. "Did someone just leave?" She asked, in the most sleep filled voice Robin had ever heard from her. He instantly found this version of Regina absolutely adorable.

"I thought you were under a sleeping curse or something," Robin said, blatantly ignoring her question as he stood up.

His fiancé gave him an ambiguous smile, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Not... Exactly," she said, letting out a soft yawn that she tried to cover up.

Robin made his way over to her, stretching his arms across the bed so his hands gripped the metal barriers, his body hovering over hers- she was right where he wanted her.

"I haven't been able to tell you how proud I am of you," he said, before capturing her lips with his own.

After a brief moment, she pulled back and glanced up at him with sparkling brown eyes. "I still can't believe that all happened. I feel like I've been run over by a truck... Multiple times."

She then ran her fingers through his hair, biting her bottom lip between her teeth. "But we made a beautiful baby, and that's all that matters."
Kissing him again, she noticed him break out into a smile.