McCree x Suicidal!Reader : Unavoidable

Requested by : @darlingsdevil

It had been a long time coming, as tough as that was to admit to yourself. You always knew the day would come when Jesse would revert to his playboy ways. There was a constant nagging voice in the back of your head, telling you that you were not good enough for him and the event you had just witnessed proved it even more.

You were at the bar with Jesse to get a couple drinks and have a good time, but upon seeing him in the arms of another girl, kissing her, you knew he would be the only one having a good time. There was a pain in your heart that shot through your whole body, making each step hard, each breath increasingly impossible.

Maybe he was pushing her away, you tried to reason with yourself. It's been three years since you and Jesse got together, he wouldn't throw you away on a cheap whore. He loves you.

"Or maybe he doesn't," you whispered bitterly, hopelessly. He didn't love you. It was all a sham, a brutal lie to lead you on until he could tear your heart clean out. And he just did.

With a heavy heart, you stumbled back home. There was enough alcohol in your system to kill a horse but it did nothing to take your mind off of the staggering pain you felt. Everything was hurting to the point of numbness. Emptiness.

As you opened the door to your shared apartment with Jesse, you sought out paper and anything to write with. The babysitter followed you absentmindedly for a moment before you shooed her off, telling her she was dismissed early and could go home. As you continued your search, all you could find was the crayons your daughter loved to color with.

Jesse and you had a child two years ago, her name was Stephanie and you both loved her to death. She was happy, a bright, creative soul that you hoped was never extinguished like yours had just been.

You gripped the crayon tighter at the thought of her down the hall, asleep in her bedroom, none the wiser to the pain you were collapsing under.

Dear Jesse,

I love you. That will never change. Even with the way you have plunged a knife into my heart by cheating with a whore from the bar. Please take good care of Stephanie and raise her to be the angel we always wanted. Or at least, I always wanted. It seems your wants have changed, as I no longer make the cut. I wish you the best. But remember, I will always love you.

(Y/N).

Tear stains littered the paper as you neatly folded it and carried it into your room with you. You laid it on the bed before going into the bathroom and opening the cabinet. After Jesse had lost his arm in Overwatch, he had a medication he took frequently to stop the phantom limb pains. You found the orange bottle and proceeded to swallow every last pill before moving on to the next bottle of pills.

After swallowing nearly six bottles of different pills, they began to have an effect on you and you knew it would all be over soon. Climbing in to bed, you clutched the note tightly in two hands and closed your eyes, fire consuming your body as you felt the life drain from your soul.

In your drunken stupor, you had failed to notice that Jesse did indeed push the woman away before running all around the bar to find you and explain everything that happened. He loved you, more than words could ever explain.

Once he failed to find you, he returned home to find the babysitters car missing. She has to be here, he thought, matter of factly. He rushed into the house only to be greeted by an uneasy silence. Slowly, he crept around the house, hoping that maybe you were just asleep.

"(Y/N)?" Jesse whispered softly as he entered your shared bedroom. He saw your still form on the bed and let out a sigh of relief before flicking the lights on. "You scared the life right outta me." He chuckled to himself before walking up to you and seeing the note in your hands.

His world seemed to slow as the reality caved in on him. You weren't sleeping. You were dead. He ignored the note and quickly checked for a pulse, hoping maybe there was still some chance that you were alive. Nothing.

"(Y/N)!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, grasping your limp shoulders as tight as he could before giving you one hard shake. His hands began to sweat, tears streaming endlessly down his face as he dialed 911 in an attempt to save your life.

That was all two months ago. Jesse sat silently on the front steps of your apartment complex, a death grip on the note. He had read it millions of times but the guilt never seemed to stop eating him alive. He loved you. He always had. He would never cheat on you with some other chick. But you would never know that now.

"Daddy?" A soft voice came from behind him, followed by the gentle patter of feet. "When will mommy come home from the hospital?"

"Not any time soon pumpkin," Jesse choked back the tears, trying to be strong for his daughters sake. "Not any time soon."

Overwatch x Reader [One-Shots/Preferences]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara