Blackwatch!Reaper x Abused!Reader : Fear

Requested by : None

A cold chill gusted it's way through the empty halls of the Blackwatch compound. It was a Sunday and those who weren't on missions tended to avoid the building if they didn't have to be there. It was always crawling with feelings of unease for everyone except for you.

You trailed down the halls, running your fingertips along the wall as you stayed caged in your own thoughts. You didn't need to be there, but you decided to make your way to the building anyway. It was a long walk from your house, but that didn't matter to you so long as you escaped the hell hole that was your life.

"What are you doing here?" A deep voice from the end of the hall sent chills down your spine. Turning on your heel, you saw Gabriel Reyes staring you down.

"I just came to get away from my house," you answered honestly, taking a few steps towards him. He moved towards you and you met in the middle of the hall. A sigh slipped from his lips as he looked down at you.

"Is he doing it again?" He pressed softly, trying not to upset you but trying to get to the bottom of why you were really there.

"Do you think he ever stopped?" You questioned back, casting your gaze down to your feet.

"I thought maybe I scared him into his place last time," he reasoned, gently take one of your hands into his own and leading you down the hall and into his office. He sat behind his desk and leaned back into the chair, keeping his eyes on you as you moved cautiously to sit across from him.

"I told you that scaring him wouldn't change anything," you mumbled softly, keeping your gaze downcast. Gabriel sighed again, kicking his feet up onto his desk as he ran his hands over his face, deep in thought.

"Let me see what he did this time," he requested gently, trying not to make you uneasy. Slowly, you stood to your feet and lifted up your shirt, revealing a large bruise and a couple of cigarette burns on your side.

"Joder," Gabe whispered softly in his native tongue, more to himself than you but you caught it regardless. "Princessa, come here." He beckoned to you carefully, not wanting to make any moves to set you off. Shuffling your feet, you made your way over to him and stood beside him. He reached out to you, setting his feet back on the floor as he rested his hands on your sides.

You and Gabe had been close from the moment you met. He was this brash, closed off man who could nearly kill with just a glare and you were a timid, quiet woman who lived in fear of her own shadow. Your first interaction with the Hispanic man damn near gave you a heart attack. He was brooding, angry, threatening and you began to panic. Something about seeing you fall apart in front of him, the panic that consumed your body language, made him vow internally to protect you.

From that point forward, he took you on missions with him and he kept you by his side, making sure no harm befell you. If someone so much as even looked at you the wrong way, the words Gabriel had with them were enough to scare even the most powerful people.

You appreciated his friendship beyond belief and he was the first person you confided in about the physical and emotional abuse your father had put you through your entire life. After that, his personal vow only strengthened and slowly but surely, he fell for you in the process of wanting to keep you safe. Gabe wasn't one to hide his feelings, so he told you almost right away and luckily for him, you returned those feelings.

"You cant keep going home just to take a beating," Gabe sighed as he rubbed circles into your sides with his thumbs. Tears slowly slipped down your cheeks as you looked down at your feet, too scared to meet his eyes.

"Are you mad at me?" You asked softly, peeking up at him through your eyelashes. The shock on his face was apparent as he stood to his feet and pulled you against his chest.

"Princessa por favor," his voice distressed as he spoke. "What that man does to you is not something I could ever be mad at you for. Look at me, muñeca." You did as he asked and met his eyes as he gently stroked your cheek with his thumb.

"I am going to get you out of that house, comprende?" You nodded in response leaning into his touch. He planted his lips softly against your forehead before taking your hands into his own and leading you from the office. The world seemed to move in slow motion as you followed Gabe to his car and he drove you back home. To say you were terrified would have been a drastic understatement. Gabe's hand found its way to your thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze to try to force some of that anxiety to dissipate.

Your feet rooted themselves on your doorstep as you unlocked the door. Gabriel placed a calloused hand against your back, trying to give you a small amount of encouragement.

"Bout time you're home!" A shout from the kitchen sent fear coursing through your veins, but you forced yourself to keep moving. You made it to your room, Gabe hot on your heels when another shout nearly made you collapse right then and there.

"Hey bitch, what the hell are you doin?" He was right behind you, the only thing separating you from your father was Gabe. He placed himself in between you and your father, keeping him from getting close.

"She's leaving," Gabriel spoke for you as you continued to try and pack your belongings.

"Like hell she is," your father shoved Gabe out of his way before he could stop him and swiftly planted his hand around your neck. Fear consumed you as you felt his grip tighten. You met Gabe's eyes and suddenly, you were a lot less afraid of the man who was trying to kill you. Gabriel's eyes were pitch black, rage searing from him.

"Let her go," his voice was laced with venom, anger clinging to every last syllable as he stared your father down. Your father merely tightened his grip, forcing black spots to form around the edges of you vision. You kept your eyes on Gabe, trying to feel calmed by his presence in some way.

When your father continued to not let you go, that was all the sign Gabriel needed to lay into him. It was fast, you could barely see it, but Gabe lurched out with one arm, grabbing your father by his throat and catching him by surprise. His hand fell from your neck and you fell to the ground, watching the scene before you unfold.

Gabe was quick to slam your father to the ground, still digging his nails into the much older mans throat. He began to choke the light from your fathers eyes, the searing rage consuming Gabriel's mind and heart. As you finished packing your bag, Gabe was still clinging onto your fathers neck, blood dripping from his nails.

"Gabe," you whispered timidly, his entire demeanor scaring you senseless. When he didn't react to your voice, you reached out your fingertips touching the tense muscles of his back. Something about feeling your touch caused him to jolt from the rage that had overtaken him. he looked down at his hands, shock painted on his features before turning his gaze to you.

"Let's go," you kept your voice hushed as you examined your father. The slow rise and fall of his chest proved he was still alive, which you were thankful for, but you wouldn't be surprised to find that Gabe had potentially crushed his windpipe.

Gabriel took your hand, quickly leading you from the room and out of the house. When both of you sat back down in his car, the silence between the two of you was ear piercing.

"Did I scare you?" His voice seemed shaky, which surprised you. He never showed weakness and to see that side of him made you feel more connected with him than before.

"No," you reached over and grasped his hand tightly in yours, giving it a light squeeze. "You don't scare me." He lifted your hand to his mouth, giving the back of your hand a soft kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too."