[Song Fic] Hanzo x Depressed!Reader : Just Add Water

This is a song fic based on the song "Just Add Water" by Cavetown (Linked above).

Requested by : None

Please don't invite me, please don't invite me.

"(Y/N)," Hanzo called from the hallway outside of your room in the Overwatch compound. You lifted your head lazily to see it was nearly two in the afternoon and you still hadn't left your bed all day.

"What's up?" You chirped back, feigning your happiest voice.

"Genji and I are going to the arcade and I thought you might enjoy coming," you could hear the hopefulness in his words, but you didn't have to will to pull yourself from the deceptive warmth of your bed.

"I'm not feeling well, I don't think I should go," you gritted your teeth and lied.

"Oh," Hanzo mumbled, the disappoint clear as day. "Well I will come back later to check on you. I will even bring soup!" He tried to sound chipper again but you could see through. You could always see through him.

I wanna be alone, I wanna be alone.

Laid back in your bed, the darkness consuming your room as you were trapped with nothing but the voices in your head. You were alone and that was how you liked it. Well, how you sometimes liked it. The silence was deafening at times as the demons within you cried out mercilessly.

It was better that you suffered by yourself, alone, that way no one else could be harmed by the evil kept inside of you.

And don't remind me, please don't remind me.

"That's the third time she has avoided me this week," Hanzo mumbled softly to his brother as they made the walk to the arcade.

"Maybe she is on her period," Genji laughed at his own joke but when he saw the serious look on his brothers face, he took a more honest approach. "Did something happen that would make her upset with you?"

"No I don't think so."

I don't wanna know, I don't wanna know.

You felt guilty for canceling on Hanzo so much and knowing that he was probably tearing himself up trying to figure out why, hurt you even more. You squeezed the pillow in your arms even tighter as tears leaked from your eyes. The pit in your stomach never got any easier to deal with and you wished you could just forget it and move on. But that was too simple, too easy and too unrealistic.

Leave without me because I don't wanna go. Just add water and let me grow.

"Maybe she has something going on in her head that you cannot understand," Genji tried to reason while playing one of the arcade games mindlessly.

"How would I help her then?" Hanzo pressed. He knew his brother had been in a similar mental state before and maybe he knew something that could help.

"It's different for everyone, brother," Genji sighed heavily, his character dying in the game. "Maybe you just have to talk to her about it."

Please forget me and be happy on your own. Just add water, let me go.

As you drew yourself a bath, you stared listlessly into the water. Your finger tips ran along the surface of the water as you wondered briefly if the warmth of the water could somehow touch the coldest parts of your heart. Shaking your head you realized what a silly idea that was.

As you bathed, you thought about all the words you would say if you ever did write that suicide letter. Maybe you would mention a funny story to try to remind people of all the good you did before you fell into a useless slump. Yeah, maybe that would work.