Genji x Reader : He's Dead

Requested by : None

Prompt : None

Your entire world crumbled into nothing but dust. The heavens tore open and unleashed a hell fire upon you that you did not deserve. You fell to your knees and let out a scream of anguish. He was gone. He was dead. And it was all Hanzo's fault. The moment your mind truly grasped the fact that Hanzo had killed Genji, your boyfriend of two years, rage consumed your mind.

"Hanzo!" You yelled at the top of your lungs, pounding against the main door of the Shimada's castle. "Come out here and face me!" You had used a small handgun filled with tranquilizers to make the guards unconscious so they wouldn't bother you. Tears began to form in your eyes so you used the back of your hand to rub them away before they even had the chance to fall. You still couldn't believe Genji was gone.

"(Y/N)?" Hanzo sounded surprised, as though he wasn't expecting you to storm to his doorstep the moment you realized he was the cause of your love's death. "What are you doing here? You need to leave before those guards wake up and throw you into the holding cell here." Your eyes widened slightly, but you gritted your teeth and turned rapidly on your heels.

"Ryūjin ga anata o shōhi sa sete! (Let the dragon god consume you!)" You shouted, pulling your dragon pistols from their holster's at your hips and began firing off rounds that were shrouded in a fiery red aura. Hanzo stood there as you shot at him, a blue aura rising off of his dragon tattoo to reflect all of the bullets.

"(Y/N), please stop this foolishness at once," his voice was teeming with sorrow, but in your plight you refused to see it. You continued shooting until your gun ran out of bullets, and at that point, you rushed forward with a pocket knife and tried slashing at his throat. Tears were streaming down your cheeks and your movements began to slow as Hanzo easily deflected every swing.

"Why?" You cried out, pain dripping off of every word. "Why did you kill him?" Legs giving out, you collapsed to your knees and Hanzo was quick to kneel beside you. He cupped your cheeks gently, bringing your eyes up to meet his own.

"I am terribly sorry, (Y/N)," his eyes searched yours, hoping you would see that his pain matched yours. "I am leaving tonight. I no longer desire to serve this clan as their leader and maybe one day I could seek your forgiveness."

That night, after you had left the Shimada castle, you returned home and Hanzo disappeared into thin air. In the next few years that followed, you went off on your own journey, wandering the world and searching for a new meaning to bring into your life. Genji was your world, he was your life and the light of said life, and now he was gone. Hanzo, though he was responsible for your beloved's death, was still a large part of your life that felt like a brother to you. He was gone as well though, off in the night without a trace, leaving you utterly alone.

As the years drew on, you began to believe that you would never find Hanzo, you would never find happiness. Five years grew to ten and there had still been no signs of Hanzo. The day marking Genji's death rolled around, as it did every year, and this time you decided to go to the Shimada castle to honor his life. You finally felt strong enough to face the fact that he was gone head on.

When you first arrived at the castle, you knew something was off by the sight of the unconscious guards in the doorways. Cautiously, you pulled your pistols from your holsters and tiptoed into the main hall. You followed the trail of unconscious guards to the throne room to find Hanzo on his knees in front of the alter. Incense were burning and he appeared to be deep in thought.

"Hanzo?" Your voice broke through the piercing silence and his head shot up. He turned and looked at you, eyes wide and brimming with tears. Without a second thought, you launched yourself forward and collapsed into his arms, sobbing helplessly.

"(Y/N) why are you here? Why are you hugging me? I killed my own brother, I do not deserve your affection," his voice was broken, trying to find meaning in the world before him just as you had spent the last ten years trying to do.

"I was alone," you cried weakly. "I was alone for ten years, looking for you and looking for meaning since I had lost both Shimada brothers in one fell swoop. I had no purpose and I have missed you so greatly, Hanzo." You continued to cry against his chest but he remained silent. He slowly brought his arms around you, holding you against him as though he hadn't felt any sort of affection since that fateful day. He probably hadn't.

"Sorry to interrupt," a slightly robotic voice broke out from across the room and both you and Hanzo drew your weapons, aiming them at the figure. Hanzo screamed out his signature phrase before you joined in with your own, red and blue aura's surrounding your weapons as he fired arrows and you shot off rounds.

Suddenly, green aura flew around the figure across from you both and a dragon surrounded his blade. Hanzo froze and your guns clattered onto the ground as the masked figure revealed his face and lowered his weapon as well.

"Genji!" You wept loudly, running towards the man you thought to be dead. You threw yourself into his arms, clinging to him for dear life as you began crying again. How many tears could a single person shed? "Genji I thought you were dead, I thought he killed you!"

"He attempted to, my cherry blossom, but I survived and was given new limbs," he gently ran his cyborg fingers through your hair, calming you slightly. "But I have forgiven my brother for the things he has done and it is apparent to me that you have forgiven him as well. Brother." Genji raised his gaze from your head and locked eyes with his shocked brother.

"G-Genji," Hanzo mumbled, his eyes wide as saucers and his mouth hanging open.

"I have forgiven you, as has (Y/N)," Genji resumed speaking, ignoring the shocked demeanor of his older brother. "It is time that you forgive yourself for the things of the past. I have come to terms with what happened and I am at peace with the way the world has caused you to be. It is time you learn all of those things on your own, Hanzo."

"Genji I am sorry for the things I have done, all I ask is that you stay with me from here on out. We can be brothers as we were always meant to be and (Y/N) can happily have us both in her life once more," Hanzo took a few careful steps forward, as though he was afraid this was a fragile fantasy and one false move could rip it all away.

The younger brother slowly removed you from his arms and turned, moving towards Hanzo and pulling him into a brotherly hug.

"Of course we can all be together once again," Genji laughed softly. "You and (Y/N) can join Overwatch and meet all of the people I have been working with over the years. Even the woman who replaced my limbs with the cyborg limbs." You and Hanzo both nodded in agreement before Genji planted a soft kiss against your lips and slung one arm over both of your shoulders. The three of you walked out of the Shimada castle as reunited lovers, family and friends.