[Summer Games] McCree x Reader : Poolside

This is by far the best Lifeguard McCree fanart I have seen yet!

Requested by: None

Prompt: None

Summertime was one of your most favorites. The warm weather, tanning, the annual fair, the temporary vacation from running missions with the team, camping and other such things. But your most favorite summer activity was swimming. Why? Well it was quite simple. There was a certain cowboy who you had your eye on for quite some time, pretty much since you joined Overwatch. You would never admit it to anyone, but you loved summertime because you could gaze upon his physique without coming off as too creepy. Granted, your stares did catch the attention of a former Talon member who was relaxing with you beside the pool.

"Jesse? Really?" Amélie's words broke through your concentrated gaze and brought you back to the real world. "I would've considered you to like someone such as Gabriel more, maybe even Jack when he was younger."

"What can I say?" You muttered softly as you leaned back into your chair. "Guess I got a thing for cowboys."

"Looks like he isn't a cowboy today. More along the lines of a lifeguard by the way he's dressed. Why don't you go strike up a conversation with him instead of staring at him unapologetically?" With those words she too leaned back, pulling her sunglasses back over her eyes to signal the end of the conversation.

"Well," you sighed. "Might as well, what could it hurt?" With another huff, you lifted yourself up and walked timidly over to where the cowboy sat, staring over the pool as Lúcio and Hana had a splash war. In his eyes, you could really see that he believed he was the lifeguard of the pool.

"Hey McCree," you spoke softly, trying not to come off as nervous as you were genuinely feeling. Jesse turned his head and a lopsided grin graced his features.

"Well hey there darlin'," his southern drawl only added to the attraction you had grown for him a long time ago. You were so caught by it, you didn't notice the way his eyes travelled over your form, taking in every detail. With a content sigh, he leaned back and a genuine smile drew across his face.

"How's lifeguard duty?" You were trying to be playful about his new found persona. Sure a shirtless lifeguard look suited him, but you and everyone else knew the cowboy was his true self.

"It's tough," he played along. "Lives hang in the balance and I, Jesse McCree, am the only one who can save 'em. Hey! No splashin'!" He gave a sharp blow to his whistle, effectively stopping Hana and Lúcio in their fun.

"Oh c'mon McCree!" Hana whined, leaning back dramatically and putting her forearm over her eyes. "Can't we have any fun?" Jesse rolled his eyes before letting out an exasperated sigh.

"You can splash all you want Hana as long as you don't mind drownin' to death when I refuse to come to your rescue," he then proceeded to shine his whistle along the towel that draped his shoulders. Hana almost believed him for half a millisecond before rolling her eyes and returning to splashing Lúcio.

Her actions caused the cowboy to pout which resulted in a giggle parting your lips. Almost in shock, McCree's cheeks lit up and he turned his head slightly, eyes wide at the sound that had left your mouth. His jarred expression caused you to stop laughing immediately.

"Is everything okay?" You tilted your head slightly, genuinely concerned as you saw his cheeks get even more reddened. He cleared his throat, narrowing his eyes and looking back at the water of the pool, though he seemed to be staring beyond it as he was deep in thought.

"Everythin's fine," a boyish smile came to his lips as he looked back at you. "That was just really cute darlin'." This time, it was your turn to blush at his words and blush you did. Shyness consumed you and you looked down, shuffling your feet timidly as your cheeks darkened.

"W-Well thank you," a tiny smile came to your lips. You raised your gaze slightly to see that McCree's boyish look had turned to a smirk of complete perversion.

"And you don't look too shabby in that swimsuit, neither," he chuckled deeply as his smirk grew and you jumped slightly in awe of his words.

"H-Hey!" You pouted, your cheeks flaring red. "You can't just say things like that!"

"I can and I will darlin'," he gave you smug grin. "You're mine now, ain't no way around it."

"D-Did you just claim me?" A small laugh escaped your lips as you thought about the reality of Jesse McCree claiming you as his.

"That I did," he turned his head and winked at you. "Don't think I don't see you starin' at me all the time when you're over there with Ms. Edgelord." He nodded his head towards Widowmaker and you burst out giggling at the crazy name he had come up with for her.

"I guess you have a point," you spoke softly as you came down from your giggling high.

"Oh," he stepped down from his lifeguard chair and took a step towards you. "One last thing." He leaned in and planted a soft kiss against your lips, causing you to close your eyes. Though the kiss was brief, in your heart it lasted a lifetime. "You really are mine, darlin'."