Young!Genji x Abused!Child!Reader : Brave

Requested by : tamara12mackedanz 

"You can never do anything right!" The demeaning shout came coupled with a harsh slap against your cheek. Tears were quick to trickle down your face as your instructor continued to try to discipline you. At a young age you were sold to the Shimada clan to be one of their servants and since, you were beaten and ridiculed no matter how hard you tried to be perfect.

It was a lot for an eight year old to deal with.

First you had to overcome being abandoned by your parents, giving you a very early sense of self loathing. Why weren't you good enough for them? Why didn't they want you? Those were questions a young child should never have to ask themselves, but unfortunately it was a reality that you very much struggled with.

After your instructor left you crying in the hallway, you sunk down against the wall. Knees pulled to your chest, head hung low, you let yourself cry.

"(Y/N)?" A soft voice called to you, causing you to perk your head up slightly. In front of you stood none other than Genji Shimada himself. A small, weak smile graced your features as you looked up at the sixteen year old standing above you.

"Hi Genji," you mumbled halfheartedly.

"What's wrong?" He asked, taking a seat beside you and rubbing your back.

"Ms. Tanaka h-hit me again," you whimpered softly, pulling your knees tighter against your chest.

"What do you mean 'again'?" Genji sounded surprised and you peered up at him anxiously.

"Did I not tell you? Maybe I told Hanzo, I can't remember," you buried your face back in your knees, shame overcoming you as you had forgotten who you told about the incident. Slowly, Genji wrapped his arms around your small form, hugging you close against his chest and rocking you slightly.

"It's okay (Y/N)," he hushed you gently. "I will talk to my father and have her punished for what she's done to you."

"What if she knows I told you?" You tried to dry your eyes, but it was to no avail. The tears just kept coming.

"Do not worry about that (Y/N)," Genji lifted your chin, forcing your eyes to meet his as he smiled down at you. "I will protect you no matter what, okay?" You nodded before leaning against his chest, the warmth of his arms providing a comfort you had never known before.

A few days passed and Sojiro Shimada himself called you into the main hall to speak to you. You were shaking as you entered the hall, walls high around you and the art on the walls depicting dragons fighting. One blue, one green. You would have to ask Genji later if he knew what it meant.

As you approached Sojiro, you noticed that your instructor was standing by his side and fear slowly crept into your throat, making speaking nearly impossible.

"(Y/N)," Sojiro's voice was deep and sent chills down your spine. "It has been told to me that this woman has hit you on multiple occasions." Nervously, you nodded your response, not even attempting to speak as your anxiety overwhelmed you.

"How many times has she hit you?" Sojiro questioned.

"T-Ten times," you whispered meekly, keeping your eyes trained on your feet. You were too scared to look up, too scared to see the face of the woman who had hit you more times than you cared to admit.

"Then she shall receive ten lashes and if it comes to my attention that she has continued to do this, her next punishment will be much more severe," Sojiro concluded. You peeked up just in time to catch a glimpse of terror on the woman's face. She was scared of whatever lashes were and it almost made you feel bad for her. Almost.

Sojiro dismissed you and you turned, quickly fleeing from the room. You were still staring at your feet when a pair of arms stopped you in your tracks. Genji had been waiting outside the hall for you and was more than happy when you finally emerged.

"I was listening through the door," he confessed. "I had no idea she had hurt you so many times, you're so brave to have gone through that by yourself." Genji squeezed you tighter against his chest, trying to make sure you felt safe.

"Y-You're sure she is not going to hurt me again, right?" You asked nervously, gripping the back of Genji's shirt tightly in your hands.

"I will protect you with my life, (Y/N)."