Hanzo x Blind!Reader : Honor

Requested by: None

Prompt: None

Slowly, your eyes crept open and you were greeted with darkness. For a moment, you were confused and scared, uncertain of why exactly you couldn't see, but then the memories came flooding back of that fateful day. Not only did you lose your sight, you also lost the man you had come to be emotionally attached to.

It was a normal mission, just like any other you had been on. 'Capture the objective' Soldier 76 would tell you. He was such a dad. But of course, you and the rest of the team follow his orders and began trying to get the situation under control. Everything was going fine until you got cornered by one of the enemies and in a last stitch effort to protect you, Hanzo fired off one of his scatter arrows. It took the man you were facing down, but at dire costs.

One of the scattered arrows had found a way to lodge itself into one of your eye sockets and because of the nature of the arrow, it had managed to permanently damage both of your eyes. Hanzo was so stricken with guilt for being the cause of your loss of sight, that he ran away that day, never returning to the Overwatch team like he had done years prior when he believed he had killed his brother.

It took a long to get used to, but you eventually adjusted to the lack eyesight, asking nearly everyday if Hanzo had returned to the team. The answer was always no, but you never stopped asking. Everyone was so sweet to you, teaching you how to fend for yourself when you couldn't see and they helped you every single step of the way.

One day, Angela came to you, claiming she and Jack had created the most perfect invention. With a little help from Symmetra, they had managed to build a pair of glasses that would enable you to see as though you had never lost your eyesight at all. They explained how it worked multiple times, but you never had the attention span to fully grasp what they were saying. All you knew was, you could see again.

A few months went by after you received the glasses. You were allowed to be back on the team and everyone was very encouraging to you, helping you with whatever you could possibly need. Of course, it wasn't often that you needed things since you had the glasses, but they were always there for you.

The team was out on a mission and you had tagged along, itching to get back into the action since you were left out for months after losing your sight. Everything was going according to plan and the team was in the process of escorting the payload to its destination.

All of a sudden, a rogue orb from Zenyatta went flying your way and in your attempt to dodge it, the glasses clattered onto the ground. Panic settled into your chest and you fell to your knees, desperately running your hands along the ground for some sign of where they might have gone. As if on cue, the sound of footsteps entered the room and approached you. Fear bubbled up inside of you as you worried it might be an enemy, but that fear dissipated as a pair of rough hands slowly placed your glasses back onto your face.

You blinked a few times, momentarily readjusting before looking up to thank the person who had helped you. When your eyes landed on their face, your heart stopped and your eyes widened before beginning to water.

"Hanzo!" You leapt to your feet and flung your arms around the broad chest of the man you had missed so desperately. "Where have you been? Why did you leave?" You began hurdling questions his way, so desperate to know why he had abandoned you in your most dire hour.

"It would've been dishonorable for me to stay after I had maimed you so badly," he looked down and for a split second, you swore you saw tears in his eyes as well. Silence fell between you two for a moment. All that could be heard was the gunshots and the shouts of your teammates as well as the enemies

"Was it only about your honor?" Hurt laced your voice even though you tried to disguise it. You thought maybe he had left because he was scared you would be mad at him, but you never expected the reason to be his honor.

"It was hard," he took a deep breath before raising his eyes to meet yours. "I couldn't bare the thought that I was the reason you no longer had the ability to see. I am the reason you need these glasses. All I could think about was how I shouldn't even be alive anymore because I hurt the girl that I love."

"L-love?" You froze in place, your eyes wide as you caught just a hint of blush on the archer's cheeks. Suddenly, a smile broke out across your face and you hugged him tightly yet again. "I love you too Hanzo and I could never stop loving you. I don't blame you for what happened, it was a freak accident and all you were trying to do was protect me."

"When that man cornered you, I suppose I just lost it and didn't think about what the repercussions of the scatter arrow might have been. I am so glad to hear that you forgive me, (Y/N), my sakura blossom," with those words, he leaned forward and captured your lips in a kiss that said more than a thousands words ever could.

He genuinely loved you and he had left because he couldn't bare the thought that he had hurt you. It was rather sweet, in your eyes, and you wouldn't change anything that happened that day. In the end, without that day, you would've never confessed your feelings to Hanzo or vice versa. You loved him despite what happened and he loved you and that was all that mattered.