[Summer Games] Reaper x Reader : Ride

This picture, oml I can't!

Requested by: None

Prompt: None

It was the dumbest decision of your life and you hadn't stopped regretting it since it happened.

You had shown your best friend, Gabriel Reyes, some professional BMX riders on Youtube and he fell head over heels in love with the idea of riding dirt bikes. So far today, he had dragged you to a plethora of stores and had gone on a shopping spree like a teenage girl might when she found out her favorite makeup was on sale.

Some of the stores you visited were even closed, but that didn't stop the Hispanic man from ghosting his way in and out of the shop. You scolded him each time but he claimed that 'left enough money for the owners to buy twelve new shops'. That didn't get him out of trouble though, because you then reprimanded his terrible spending habits.

Finally, you left the stores and both of you had arms full of bags and boxes that were packed with helmets, pads and even a cape with a skull drawn across the back. He was like a kid on Christmas morning the second you got to his house. As he ripped things from the boxes and bags, trying them on and posing for himself, you realized one important fact.

"You don't have a bike," the statement was simple but you could tell the man before you was nearly shattered at your words. In one instance he was a happy child, in the next he was a depressed sadboi.

The next two days were utter hell as you and Gabriel waited for his bike to be delivered to his home. You ordered it for overnight shipping, but apparently that wasn't fast enough for the man sitting and whining beside you. For a solid day and a half, he continually asked if his bike was there yet and at a certain point, you were convinced it was a game to him.

"It's here!" He shouted, rather loudly, directly into your ear. Before you could even respond, he ran outside and dragged the giant box up the front steps and into the house. Upon opening the box, you realized that it was a self assembly bike which opened a whole other surplus of issues. The two of you got to work right away.

Putting the bike together took another day and a half all on its own. Surprisingly, he did most of the work. When it was time to buckle down and get what he wanted, Gabriel was a hard worker who was willing to stay up day and night to finish what he started. And he would've, if you hadn't chided him and insisted that he sleep or he would be too tired to even ride it. He reluctantly complied.

The next day he was right back into it, grease lining his arms and oil accentuating his facial features. For the first time in the four years you had known Gabriel as nothing more than your best friend, you began to feel rather romantic feelings towards him. Of course, you tucked them away in an attempt to protect yourself from the fact that he would probably reject you.

"It's done!" He stood to his full height and wiped away the sweat from his forehead before turning to you, a boyish grin plastered to his face. As happy as he was, you felt a twinge of sadness because you would no longer be able to witness his physique as he worked. Before you could respond, he ran out of the room and got dressed in his full outfit.

Wheeling his bike down the front steps, he revved it up in the middle of the street and turned his head to you, giving you a small wave before speeding off down the road. You sighed and sat down on the stairs, waiting for him to come back though you knew it would be a while.

It didn't take long for you to head back inside and lay across his couch, waiting for him there. Unfortunately, this caused you to doze off and you didn't wake back up until you heard the slam of the front door.

"(Y/N)!" Gabriel shouted as he bounded into the room. "I bought you a present so close your eyes!" You did as he requested and held out your hands. A rather heavy box was placed in them and upon his instruction, you opened your eyes.

"Open it," he encouraged, rather excitedly. You pulled at the top of the box, getting it open on the first try and pulled out the only object inside. It was a pink and black helmet, similar in shape and design to his, and taped across the front visor was a note that read, "Will you be my biker girl?"

A deep blush sprawled across your cheeks and you looked up to see if Gabriel was being serious. He dawned a wide smile, so much so that it even lit up his once dull eyes. Of course, you stood and launched yourself into his arms as a response.

"You're damn right I will!" You yelled out happily before pulling out of the hug. He pulled up his visor and planted a soft kiss against your lips before reaching behind you and pulling your helmet over your head. He laughed as you squeaked in surprise and without a moment to recuperate,  he grabbed your hand and tugged you back out to his bike.

That night, you two went on a long ride and visited all of your favorite places together. He even bought you a cone of your favorite ice cream along the way.

On second thought; maybe showing him those videos wasn't a bad thing after all.

~~~

GUYS! I just noticed that this book has over 1k views!! Thank you all so much for reading and supporting this mini stories and helping me reach such an awesome milestone!!