McCree x Abused!Reader : Take The Pain Away

Requested by: None

Prompt: None

"Whore!" A glass vase shatters a mere inches from your skull, shards clattering to your feet as you stand as still as possible. You want to disappear, you want to fade away. Maybe if you could become nonexistent, the yelling and the fighting and the pain would stop. A pair of sneakers begin approaching you before your knees give out and you collapse onto the floor.

"You little slut! You're worthless!" The toe of the shoe swiftly connects with your side and you let out a cry of pain, tears beginning to streak endlessly along your cheeks. Curling into a ball, you let the man continue beating you with no savior in sight. A darkness has befallen your soul, your will to continue fighting fading. You just want it to be over.

A scream ripped from your throat as you jolted awake, coated in your own sweat. Soft pants escaped your lips as your body shook from the nightmare- no- the memory. Your father was a cruel man, constantly putting you down and physically assaulting you on more occasions than you could count. Breathe, you mentally reminded yourself.

Five things you can see.

Sheets, door, lamp, fan, window.

Four things you can touch.

Blankets, pillows, clothes, hair.

Three thing you can hear.

Heater, breathing, footsteps.

Two things you can smell.

Cologne, rain.

One thing you can taste-

Wait. Footsteps? Cologne?

A sudden pounding on the door broke you away from the steps you were taking to calm down your anxiety. The shaking returned just as fast as it had left as the knocking seemed to get louder and louder, closing in on you and choking you with the overwhelming feeling of panic.

"(Y/N)!" A voice crashed into the panic, dragging you back into the real world. "(Y/N) open the door or I'm comin' in there on my own!" You couldn't muster a response, drowning in your own tears as your throat began to cave in. The door flew open and you turned your head slightly, just enough to see Jesse McCree standing in your doorway with in a state of hysteria.

"Are you okay?!" He rushed to your side, kneeling beside your bed and grasping your hands tightly in his own. Upon feeling how sweaty your hands were and seeing the terror in your eyes, he knew something was off. "What happened, sweetheart?"

"H-Hold me, p-pl-please," you retched out, turning fully towards him and resisting every urge to throw yourself into his arms then and there. He reached up, rather tentatively at first before pulling you down onto his lap and cradling you gently in his arms.

"Whatever you saw, it wasn't real," he spoke calmly into your ear, pinning you against his chest as though to reassure you that he wasn't going anywhere. "Whatever happened, it wasn't real." You took a few deep breaths, closing your eyes and grasping his shirt tightly to ground yourself. Once you had managed to get a hold of yourself, you looked up and met the chocolate orbs of the cowboy who had calmed you down.

"I was r-remembering," your voice was weak, barely even audible, but you managed to squeeze out the words. "Remembering wh-what he did to me." Jesse's eyes widened momentarily before narrowing in on your face and trying to deduce what you meant without asking too many questions.

"Who?" He shifted you slightly, helping you sit up.

"My father," upon hearing your words, McCree's grip on you tightened and a squeak of pain left your lips as his hands began to remind you of your fathers.

"Sorry, darlin', I didn't mean to hurt you," his expression turned to one of sadness and he released his vice like grip on you. Instead, he returned to cradling you close to him and rubbing small circles into your back. "It's just that the thought of anyone laying their fingers on you in a harmful way makes me want to fire off a few rounds into their skull."

"It's okay, Jesse," you gently cupped his cheek. "You take my pain away." He leaned down and planted his lips against your own, moving them in sync with yours as the two of you melted away into a world of your own.

One thing you can taste.

'''