Okami!Hanzo x Reader : Mate

Requested by : None

Deep in a forest in the mountains on the outskirts of Hanamura Japan, there roamed an ancient deity claimed to take the form of a wolf. Or at least, that's what the local children claimed. Their parents would tell them stories of the wolf to keep them from straying too far into the wilderness but no one truly believed it except the kids.

Well, no one but you.

When you heard the story as a child, you weren't frightened in the least. Instead, you were interested. You spent hours of your days wandering the forest, looking for any semblance of the famed wolf spirit. As you aged into your late twenties, your hope of finding the wolf began to fizzle out. A day job consumed your life and slowly but surely, the wolf got pushed to the back of your mind.

After work, you decided to take a walk through the forest to cleanse your mind of all the worries that your job had piled on you. Snow fell gently around you, each flake whisking airily to the ground. A chill ran down your spine from the cold weather and you pulled your beanie further over your ears to try to block out as much of the icy air as you could.

With your hands tucked in your pockets, you went deeper into the forest. You were too lost in your own thoughts to pay attention to where you were headed and before long, you were no longer lost in your thoughts, but lost instead in the forest itself. The sun was slowly falling and panic began to well inside of you as you realized your hopes of getting out before dark were crushed. You scanned the forest, looking everywhere for any familiar sign that might lead you back home.

It felt like another hour had passed by the time the sun finally disappeared from the sky and all light along with it. A terrified breath heaved from your lungs as you collapsed on the ground beside a tree. You sat back, your spine pressing against the rough bark even through the layers of clothes you wore to keep warm. Of all the ways you had thought you would die, lost in a forest in the dead of winter was not one of them.

As you slowly crumbled beneath the weight of your own fate, a howl caused chills to consume your form. With wide eyes, you searched your surroundings and sure enough, the howls were coming towards you. Growling erupted from a nearby bush and with a cry of terror, you were on your feet and scrambling to get away. The sound of footsteps behind you was drowned out by the pounding of your heartbeat resonating in your ears.

The sound of the feet stopped for a moment and the thought of being safe flooded your body only to have it cruelly ripped away as the weight of the wolf crashed against your back and sent you face first into the snow covered ground. You could feel a few rocks under the snow tear at your skin, leaving cuts across your face. A groan of pain escaped your lips as you squeezed your eyes shut. Maybe you would open them and you would be home and this would all just be a nightmare.

You opened your eyes and your ceiling was not what you saw. What you did see, however, was a man with his nose a mere inch from yours. He was studying your terrified face. Upon realizing the weight from your spine was gone, you sat up and scrambled backwards away from this foreign man. He stayed crouched, still inspecting you.

"Wh-who are you?" You asked hesitantly, deciding to take the time to inspect him as well. He had long facial hair that was grey and white with age. Upon his head was a wolf's pelt and he wore armor on the rest of his body. He had arrows on his back and a bow slung over his shoulder. His eyes were an intriguing golden color but the intensity that lied within them send fear through your veins.

"You are trespassing," he hissed lowly, his voice deep yet also silky.

"I got l-lost," you explained, feeling either blood or sweat trickle down your forehead. You couldn't tell which it was.