Reaper x Anorexic! Reader : Perfection

Requested by: None

Prompt: None

You were currently lounging around your bedroom in nothing but a pair of short shorts and one of Gabriel's overly large t-shirts. You never relaxed like this much, not even around your boyfriend of almost a year. It wasn't that he made you uncomfortable, far from it, in fact. It was more so that you hated the body you were born into and therefore had a harder time relaxing around anyone at all.

Slowly, your eyes drifted down to your legs and your face twisted from one of peace to one of pure disgusted. Your fat thighs connected to a set of wide hips that lead up to a pudgy stomach and chubby cheeks. It made you sick to think that this was your body, one that you had allowed to get so nasty and overweight.

What made you even more ill was the thought that no matter how much you starved yourself, how much you avoided food and how much you lied to your close friends about your eating habits, it never seemed to change. Your body always seemed portly and revolting.

All of a sudden, a swift knock at the door drew your attention away from your self loathing. Before you could call out to the person, asking them to wait, the door was flung open and Gabriel stormed rather angrily into your room. The moment he entered, you reached down and pulled a blanket from the foot of your bed over your body to hide your hideous form. It seemed Gabriel was too enraged to notice, grasping a small tablet, which he proceeded to force in front of your face.

"What is this?" He shouted, rage seething from every word. "What the hell is this (Y/N)?!" You took the tablet into your hands, forgetting momentarily about the attire you were dressed in. Upon the screen was video footage from one of the security camera's installed in the lunch room and it revealed you throwing away a plate of perfectly good food.

"Mi rey (My king)," you began, your hands trembling slightly at the thought that after months of hiding the fact that you hadn't been eating, someone had finally caught on. "It was only this one time."

"Oh really?" He took the tablet from your hands and began scrolling through all of the videos on the device. Nearly every one was you, tossing food into the waste bin. He rambled off different dates and times as he went, proving to you that he had substantial evidence to believe you were starving yourself. Your hands began to get clammy as you felt your whole body go numb. The jig was up, he knew.

"Mi princesa," he grasped your cheeks in both of his hands, forcing your eyes to look into his own. Though his voice was stern, his eyes showed nothing but love and genuine concern for your well being. "When was the last time you ate?" For a moment, you contemplating giving a lie but realized that would do significantly more harm than good.

"S-six, seven days ago," your voice was weak as you spit out the answer. His eyes widened and he took your shoulders into his hands and pulled you against his chest, running his fingers through your hair as he carefully sought out his next words.

"Why are you starving yourself bebita (Baby girl)?" His words floating to your ears like silk, much softer and kinder than they had been when he first entered your room. It took you a moment to muster up the courage to tell him the real reason before either of you spoke again.

"Look at me, Gabriel," your eyes began to water and, try as you might, you couldn't hold the tears back. "I'm s-so repulsive. I'm so fat, can you not see that?" Upon seeing your tears, Gabriel thought they were alligator tears, something a child might try to use to get out of trouble with their parents. It wasn't until he saw the suffering in your eyes that he realized you genuinely believed the words coming from your mouth.

"Muñeca (Doll), come with me," he grabbed your hand and pulled you to your feet. You resisted for a moment, remembering that he would be able to see your sickening body. He gave a swift tug on your arm, forcing you out into the open and Gabriel froze, unable to pull his eyes away from your form.

All he could think was how thin you were. Your bones were clearly visible and he was confused as to how you had even managed on mission when your body was so malnourished and definitely unable of handling more than your own body weight. He felt so terrible that you had felt so poorly about your own figure that you had stooped to a level such as this. What made him feel even worse was the fact that no one on the team, not even he himself, had noticed your rapid deterioration. He took your hand carefully into his own, as though he was afraid of breaking you, and pulled you in front of a full size mirror.

"Tell me, what do you see?" He prompted gently, gazing into your eyes through the reflection of the mirror.

"I see a putrid, ugly, gross fat girl standing next to a devilishly handsome man," you were hoping the compliment would distract him from the first part of your sentence, but it didn't work.

"No, princesa, no," he pulled you tightly against his own body, rubbing your back with his finger tips as he gingerly kissed the top of your head. "You're so thin, I can see your bones and that is not healthy. You need to start eating and I promise I'm going to pay better attention to you, mi amor (My love)." He turned his head to look at you in the mirror once again and a heavy sigh escaped his lips.

"I liked you the way you were, muñeca. You were not fat and you were not this skinny. You were my beautiful, joyous princess and I want that same princess to come back to me. Now, what say we go get some lunch?"