McCree x Reader : Jealousy

Requested by : None

As a couple, you and Jesse didn't go on typical dates to fancy pants restaurants or expensive movie theater. Instead, the focus was spending time together and enjoying each other's company so anywhere would do. You often frequented a nearby bar, called the Bootleg. It was a dirty, sewer rat type but it did the job of letting you two drink and have fun together away from your shared apartment.

It was also a rather calm place, making it easy for the two of you to go in, have fun, and leave without being spotted as former Overwatch agents. Both of you were technically wanted for several war crimes due to some of the orders Gabriel had issued during your time in Blackwatch.

Jesse decided to make tonight a date night, since the bar tended to be more empty on Tuesdays. However, once arriving you realized that today the bar was more packed than normal. With a defeated sigh from both of you, Jesse took your hand tightly and guided you through the sea of bodies to the bar.

"Two whiskeys, neat," Jesse waved his hand slightly towards the bartender who proceeded to roll his eyes as he got the drinks. He handed you each one glass before carrying on with other patrons.

"Sure is busy," you mumbled, scooting your stool a little bit closer to Jesse's in an attempt to shelter yourself from the swarming mass.

"On a damn Tuesday to, now explain that to me," Jesse shook his head and placed a firm hand on your thigh, trying to let you know he wasn't going anywhere. He knew you could get antsy and uncomfortable around a lot of people. Not being able to see the door of the bar, who came in and who left, made you a little panicky. That was something Overwatch had instilled in both of you. Know where everyone is at all times.

"Hey there gorgeous," a slur came from behind you but you kept your eyes on Jesse, assuming the man was talking to someone else. By the way your boyfriend narrowed his eyebrows and pursed his lips, you could tell that it definitely was directed at you.

"She's not interested," Jesse spoke flatly, hoping to make the guy go away without a struggle. You turned slightly to get a look at him. Balding, beer bellied, braindead bozo. You cringed, unable to help it at the sight of such a disgusting pig.

"Why don't you let the lady decide?" His words were almost unintelligible, proving that he was either trashed or couldn't handle his liquor well. One of his fat, greasy palms landed on your shoulder and you nearly jumped out of your seat and into Jesse's lap just to get him away from you.

"I said," Jesse growled lowly, swatting his hand away from you. "She ain't interested."

"I know you," the man narrowed his eyes and took a step closer to Jesse, both of the men now off to the side. "You're that outlaw, Jesse McCree! And that must make this purdy lady over here (Y/N)!" He turned back to you and reached out to cup your cheek in his hand.

"Watch it or I'll take your hand off," you hissed and the man simply howled with laughter.

"You? Hurtin' me? Now I highly doubt that," he grabbed your bicep in his hand, yanking you out of your chair before Jesse had time to react. "Now I suggest if neither of you want to be found by the authorities, you let this pretty little lady come home with me all night long," you visibly cringed again as he got closer to your ear, his breath hot and dreadful against your neck.

Without a word, Jesse reached out and grabbed the man by his throat. He lifted the man slightly into the air before beginning to choke the life out of him. Your boyfriends eyes were shaded an almost black color, symbolizing the absolute rage he felt. Jesse then tossed the man into the bar and threw three swift punches to his face, breaking his nose and giving him at least one black eye.

"Now I suggest you don't ever even think about coming near me or my (Y/N) ever again if you want to see the sunrise," Jesse spit on his face and gave one final punch for good measure, knocking out several teeth. You reached up and grabbed his hand tightly in your own, tugging him towards the door. The two of you had made enough of a scene for one night.

As you two walked back to your apartment, Jesse draped his coat over your shoulder and paused in the middle of the sidewalk. He caught your hand and turned you to look at him before pulling you flush against him. You snuggled against his shoulder, closing your eyes as you breathed in the moment.

"Does this mean we have to move again, Jesse?" You asked softly and Jesse couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"Yes, I s'pose it does pumpkin."