[Summer Games] Junkrat x Reader : Team

Requested by : None

Jamison was an absolute fanatic when it came to anything related to cricket. He went to almost every game he could and owned almost every jersey for his favorite team. The only thing he was missing, was his actual ability to play cricket. One night, when you two were returning home from watching the professionals at a nearby stadium, he confided in you that when he was younger, he was a star cricket player.

It was in that exact moment that you began planning every way you could think of the improve his arm and leg so he could play cricket on the team in his home town.

The first step was the most difficult. You had to convince the Junkers to let him play on their team. Since Jamie wasn't exactly a welcomed face in Junkertown, you had to offer up quite a large sum of money for them to even consider it. Even then, the money and the heartwarming story weren't enough to get them to agree. So, rather begrudgingly, you offered the only thing you had left.

You offered to do their uniform laundry for the whole season. Since they were lazy little buggers, they agreed without hesitation. First step completed!

Step two was also difficult, but it didn't compare to the struggles of step one. You had to fashion Jamie a new leg so he could run faster, and a new arm so he could grip the bat better and throw the ball easier. What better materials to use than old cricket bats?

It took quite a bit of effort to get the limbs exactly how you wanted them to be. You even had to enlist the short term help of Reinhardt, since he had a lot of practice in the art of whittling, but eventually you got it, and you couldn't have been prouder of the results.

Months passed and the beginning of a new season was rolling around. You decided there was no better time to give him the gift than now, when he would actually be able to play. He was sitting on the couch, watching the pre-tournament matches when you approached him with a wrapped box in your arms.

"What's this, sheila?" He asked sweetly as he took the box from your arms. You simply nodded to it and he proceeded to rip the paper off. His face nearly paled when he saw what was inside and you swear that for just a moment, a tear came to the arsonists eyes. "Wh-what is all this?"

"It's a new leg and a new arm," you pulled out the leg you had made from an old cricket bat and set it on the floor beside his feet. "This is a helmet with an attached face mask and this is the uniform for the men's cricket league here in Junkertown. You always talk about it so much, I figured I would pull some strings and get you on the team." This time you were sure there were tears bubbling in his eyes.

"Oh," he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand before pulling you into a bone crushing embrace. You returned his hug and laughed softly. Your idea had worked. He pulled back slightly and planted a soft kiss on your lips before a wide smile spread across his face.

"You're the best, love. I'm so lucky I'll always have you on my team."