Junkrat x Reader : Princess

Requested by : izayaraeijiicalester (I know it's not a lemon but you said you needed some love so here you are, love)

Jamison had long heard the rumors of the Princess of Junkertown, but when he imagined you, he never expected you to be as gorgeous as you truly were. The first time he saw you, he was about to partake in Scrapyard to earn some easy money. For him it was easy, anyway. Having two missing limbs gave him somewhat of an advantage against any of his opponents because it was less places that they could actually hurt him.

It was your first time spectating one of the events, as you mother had often tried to keep your walled off from the way she ran Junkertown. She was a harsh, cruel leader but a loving mother and she wanted to protect you from her hateful queen persona. After months of insisting, she finally allowed you to experience the world she had created for the survivors of the Australian omnic crisis.

"Who is that one?" You asked your mother softly after laying eyes on Jamison. He piqued your interest. Missing one arm and one leg yet still trying to compete in the most cutthroat arena known around the world.

"Jamison Fawkes," the disdain in her voice was obvious as she stared down at him, hatred in her gaze. "He has stolen more from us and more from this town than you could ever imagine."

"Then why we he allowed back?" You questioned.

"Because he brought back a lot of money to pay reparations on all that he had destroyed," she leaned back in her seat as the slaughter began. Horror slowly filled you as you watched people get mercilessly tortured and killed in the arena below.

"I-I thought that," your voice trailed off as you watched, disgust and terror bubbling inside of you. In your mind, you had pictured that the arena would be fighting until someone went unconscious or tapped out, you had no idea it would be full blown murder.

"I tried to warn you," your mother sighed, wrapping her arms around you and pulling you close to her to try to comfort you and shield you from the things she never wanted you to see to begin with.

"Is there anyway you can be sure he wins?" You whispered meekly, your eyes finding their way to Jamison who was still dominating the enemies. Your mom stood and headed to the intercom, putting herself back into her queen persona.

"Jamison Fawkes!" She called through the intercom. "Disqualified! Leave through the gate to the north immediately." Flicking your eyes from your mom to Jamison, you saw the shock and rage on his face as he headed to the gate per instructions. Your mom lead you down to where the north gate let out and Jamison looked at the queen with disgust.

"Oi! Why did you disqualify me?" He stood nose to nose with your mom as you stood shyly behind her.

"My daughter asked to assure your safety," she side stepped, allowing you to be seen.

"My name is (Y/N)," you introduced yourself shyly and Jamison had a look of shock on his face.

"There's a Junker Princess?" He scratched the side of his head in confusion before laughing and pulling you into a hug. You tensed slightly as he pulled you to his side, not sure why he was being so affectionate towards you when you knew he hated your mother.

"You're a cute one," he giggled, pinching one of your cheeks as a blush steadily overtook your face. "And she likes me so much she didn't want me to lose in the Scrapyard! She likes me more than her mom does." He stuck his tongue out at your mom as you scanned her face. She was very clearly trying not to kill him on the spot for your sake.

"J-Jamison why don't we go hang out somewhere and talk?" You wanted to separate the two as fast as possible before one of them really did end up snapping. Jamison smirked widely and kept his arm around your shoulder, turning and dragging you off in the opposite direction of your mom. You waved to her nervously, trying to let her know you would be back but the fire in her eyes was undeniable.

"Right," he started, sitting across from you at a small table. "What's got the pretty princess interested in lil ol' me?" You nervously scratched at the edge of the table, trying to peel off something that had stuck itself there long ago.

"I saw you in the arena and I was interested in your story," you answered honestly. "My mom doesn't let me out much because of how brutal things are out here and judging by your reaction, I'm guessing she doesn't often tell people I even exist."

"My story eh?" He hummed softly, leaning back in his seat as he inspected you. "I think you want more than just stories." You tilted your head at him, waiting for him to elaborate.

"I think you want to experience life a bit," he concluded, picking up his drink and taking a long sip. A sigh escaped your lips and you nodded.

"I want to see the world, meet people and do things," you replied dreamily, wanting all those things you described desperately.

"Then explore with me!" He grinned wide, pointing his thumb at himself. You thought for a moment before a laugh gently broke your lips and filled the air around the two of you. He narrowed his eyes at you, trying to understand why you were laughing.

"Let's do it," you nodded affirmatively once you stopped laughing and his grin simply grew as he stood to his feet and grabbed your hand.

"Then let's do it!" He pulled you to your feet and started dragging you off to who knows where. All you knew was that wherever you went, it would be an adventure as long as Jamison was by your side.