Young!Hanzo x Reader : Arcade

Requested by : None

How Hanzo had ended up in this situation was beyond his knowledge. Somehow, Genji had managed to drag Hanzo from his training to get him to a nearby arcade. Their father didn't often let them leave the safety of the Shimada castle, so it was a rare treat for Genji, however Hanzo didn't much care for the frivolity of it all.

"Genji how much longer are you going to want to be here?" Hanzo grumbled, clearly annoyed by the bright lights and loud noises of his surroundings. Genji simply ignored him, too wrapped up in his game to notice that his brother had even spoken to him. With a heavy sighed, Hanzo stuck his hand in his pocket and dug out a few loose yen.

He wandered momentarily around the arcade before finding a machine he thought might pique his interest. It was an older machine by the name of "Fighters of the Storm". He put the yen in the machine and hit a few buttons to get it to start up. It wasn't very long before he had lost in quite a spectacular fashion.

"Unlucky," a soft voice sounded from behind him and he turned on his heel to see you standing behind him. A small smile graced your features as you examined his face. To say he was attractive would be an understatement to how attractive he actually was. Upon hearing seeing your face, however, his face turned to one of disgust.

"I do not need to pity of a gaijin," he hissed lowly, focusing his attention back on the game as he put another yen in. You bit your lip to keep from saying something that might be seen as harsh, instead just peered over his shoulder to watch him play another round. When he inevitably lost again, this time worse than the last, you couldn't hold your tongue any longer.

"You might not want my pity but would you like some advice on how to get passed the first wave?" You smirked at him, trying to piss him off at least a little bit. With a huff, he took a step back from the game and motioned for you take his place. With a confident smile, you moved into the place he once stood and inserted enough yen into the machine to get a few games.

As you played, Hanzo watched over your shoulder and studied the way you were playing. You gave a simple explanation for each decision and move you made in the game in order to help him understand why you were doing the things you were. You played a solid four games, the third one racking up a new high score on the machine.

"You are," Hanzo paused before continuing his thought. "Very good at this game."

"I'm one of the best in the world," you smiled shyly. Not a lot of people played Fighters of the Storm anymore so it wasn't too tough to be one of the best, but you didn't need to tell him that. Another boy about the age of you and Hanzo walked up to you, a grin sported on his face as he held a small stuffed dragon.

"Hanzo!" He called softly, slinging his arm around the one you had taught to play Fighters. "I won you this dragon." He waved it in front of Hanzo's face playfully before looking at you. His eyes widened slightly upon seeing you and his grin grew wider.

"Genji, this girl taught me how to play this game," he motioned to you and then the machine before looking back at his brother as though seeking his approval. Physically, you could see that Hanzo was at least a few years older than Genji, but despite that it seemed like Hanzo wanted his brother to be proud of him, even if that was something he would never admit.

"(Y/N)," Genji whispered, giddy like a child on Christmas. "I am your biggest fan! Did you beat my high score?" He asked, shifting around you to see the machine. "You did! I was A-S-S!" He started giggling at his own joke and his hyper nature made you laugh as well. You turned your gaze back to Hanzo as Genji started playing, trying to show you how good he was.

"I'll be in Japan for the next couple of weeks for a tournament," you explained, searching his face for a reaction.

"Perhaps you and I will meet here again then," he mumbled, his cheeks dusted pink.

"I would like that very much," with a note of bravery, you leaned forward and gently placed a kiss on his cheek before focusing your attention back on Genji and watching him play.