Young!Soldier:76 x Abused!Reader : Escape

I've been feeling like doing another abuse story for a while just because of some personal reasons and also because I want everyone to know that no matter what you've been through, you will find someone who loves you just as you are.

A hard smack against your left cheek sent you reeling to the floor. A small whimper of pain dared escape your lips as your boyfriend of two years stood over you, staring you down.

"Tell me the truth," he hissed lowly. When you failed to answer him within the time frame he allotted, his boot was pressing down on your rips. "Now."

"I-I already told you!" You cried softly, tears streaming down your cheeks, one now redder than the other from the blow he landed on you. "I-I don't t-talk to anyone outside of-of the compound."

Right now, he was trying to discern whether or not you were telling the truth. You had somehow managed to make the slight implication that one of the guys you worked with from Overwatch was making moves on you. Of course, this lead your boyfriend to believing you were flirting with other men with the intent to cheat on him.

"Whore," he whispered lowly before dragging you to your feet. You took a moment to breathe but it was cut short as he landed a left hook to your left eye, sending you spiraling to the floor again. "Don't even think about talking to any of them at all."

You laid on the floor, not daring to move as he left you to your weeping. Tears streamed endlessly down your cheeks but you remained silent, scared of angering him further. Tomorrow you would have to enter the Overwatch facility and explain how you had a black eye without letting anyone know that your boyfriend was really behind it all.

For now, you dragged yourself off the floor and decided hiding the black eye would be tomorrow's problem. As you trudged to your bed, you silently hoped his was already asleep. Your prayers were answered and you managed to slip into bed listlessly beside him.

When morning came, you woke with a start as your beating last night came back vivid as ever. Luckily, your boyfriend had already left for work by the time you woke up. You brought your feet to the ground and forced them to move to the bathroom, hoping your sustained injury would not be as bad as you perceived.

Much to your disdain, it was actually worse than you had anticipated. It had already turned a dark shade of purple and blue that stretched father around your eye than the last time he hit you. Not even your concealer could cover it, so you knew you'd just have to face the problem head on.

The moment you walked through the doors of the compound, you were greeted by a very familiar, very concerned face.

"(Y/N)," Jack started softly, as though his mere words would break you. "I think we need to talk. My office, now." His tone towards the end was how he normally spoke, harsh. You followed him silently, trying not to drag your feet as you went. It was getting harder and harder every day to put up the front of being okay.

"This is the third time this month you've left looking just fine and come in the next day with a black eye. Care to explain?" He sat at his desk across from you, staring you down as you kept your eyes glued to your hands in your lap.

"I'm v-very clumsy," you lied without much of a second thought.

"I've seen you in action, I've seen you train. I know for a fact you aren't clumsy," he stood from his desk and stood directly in front of you. "Now tell me what's really going on." When you didn't answer, he knelt in front of you and grasped your hands tightly in his own, forcing your gaze to meet his. "(Y/N)."

"I-I can't tell you," your voice was barely a whisper for fear of your boyfriend hearing you. Tears flooded your eyes and you prayed that Jack would see the desperation in your gaze and drop the whole conversation. "He'll hurt me."

"Who?" Jacks eyes went cold, hard as steel as his entire expression flipped on a dime. He didn't want to scare you, but the thought of someone laying their hands on you sent his blood boiling. "The same person who did this?" He raised his hand, gently brushing his fingertips over the bruise around your eye.

You meekly nodded, casting your eyes down again as tears streamed down your cheeks. Your heart was pounding in your throat and you felt like you could die right then and there. He was going to kill you, he told you never to tell anyone and you just admitted it to one of the coworkers he thought you were flirting with. He was going to kill you.

"I won't let him hurt you anymore," Jack spoke softly, keeping both of your hands in his as he gently caressed your cheek. "But I need you to tell me who did this and how long it's been going on, can you do that?" With a brave nod, you began tumbling through all that had happened in the past two years.

You began with when you two started dating, how things seemed wonderful. But then, two months in he started to change and started to get angrier more easily. He would fight more often, but always return to his sweet self afterwards. By month seven, he never apologized, and the fighting became him yelling at you ceaselessly. Around came one year and with the first anniversary, the first punch. It was only a spiral from there and by the end of your story, you couldn't stop the tears that streamed down your cheeks.

"Oh (Y/N)," Jack's voice was soft as he pulled you against his chest. He held you that way for what seemed like hours as you finally came clean about the abuse you'd endured for two, long years. As you slowly came down from your sobs, both hands held his shirt in tight balls.

"H-he's gonna k-kill me," you whispered meekly, unable to focus on anything else. Your wide eyes looked up to meet Jack's soft, baby blues and he smiled at you, kissing the top of your head.

"No he's not," he shook his head and gently ran his fingers through your hair. "I already told you I would never let him hurt you again. When you go home tonight, I'm going with you. We're going to pack all your things and when he comes home, we're going to tell him that you're leaving. And I'll be by your side the whole time, so there will be nothing to be afraid of, okay?"

"B-but where will I go?" You whispered sadly. "I have no where e-else to go."

"You'll come live me with," he stated matter-of-factly, as though it was already established. You nodded and clung to him tighter, knowing he would keep you safe.

That night, after the training was finished and the team got to go home, Jack walked home with you, your hand tightly in his. You had a death grip on his hand the whole time you were packing your things, which actually made it incredibly difficult to pack. Once all your clothes were in a single suitcase, the waiting game began.

"I don't smell anything fuckin' cooking!" Your boyfriend shouted as he threw open the front door, you jumped, tears already springing to your eyes as you moved to hide slightly behind Jack. "Where the hell are you, bitch?"

"I-In here," you raised your voice just enough so he could hear you. His loud footsteps stormed down the hall and he froze in his tracks at the sight of you hiding behind Jack.

"What the hell is this? Is this the guy you've been flirting with?!" He shouted angrily, immediately trying to storm passed Jack to get to you. Jack caught him by his arm and effortlessly pushed him back away from you.

"Tell him, (Y/N)," Jack encouraged softly. You took a deep breath and held tighter still onto Jack's hand.

"I-I'm leaving you," you spoke barely loud enough for him to hear, but you knew he heard you by his reaction.

"Like hell," he laughed loudly. "Stop with the fuckin around and go make dinner before I beat the ever living hell out of you, whore." He started towards you again but Jack easily held him off before pinning him to the ground and nearly breaking his arm.

"I suggest you don't try that shit again," Jack hissed lowly. "(Y/N) and I are going to leave and if you dare to try to find her I will make your life such a living hell that you'll go wish that your mom had've swallowed you." Jack knocked his head hard enough against the floor to make him pass out before turning back to you and grabbing your suitcase. He took your free hand and the two of you headed out of your old house.

"What do you want to do for dinner? I was thinking Chinese," Jack smiled down at you and for the first time since he met you, he saw the life twinkle back into your eyes.