Ch. 23

"That's tough... So, who are you going to give it to?" Bellatrix asked, bouncing in her seat after a few moments of silence.

"Bellatrix, seriously? You have the sensitivity of an aching tooth." Narcissa muttered, as she thwacked the back of her head as she passed her.

"Oh, come now. I was only trying to distract her...." She said, rolling her eyes at her pouting sisters.

"...fat lot of luck that did..." Narcissa quipped, patting my feet and giving me a sympathetic smile.

I began to feel a strange warmth radiate from the crown of my head to the tips of my fingers and toes. I felt as if something was being extracted from me, my mind began to blur. I found myself being able to remember certain things that I couldn't remember. Everything I had seen, every image that I had ever seen before my eyes, or dream I had ever had.

I could feel myself stiffen as images of the serpent-like man with an elongated torso and limbs, bloodshot red eyes, and claw like finger nails laughing menacingly. I felt a gasp escape me as I realized who it was, my head began to shake wildly as I felt my eyes begin to roll to the back of my head. Waking up, for what felt like a few moments later with my mind feeling a pin prick, nothing more or less.

"Anna?" I heard someone call.

I lifted my head from the pillow and turned to the direction where I heard the timid voice calling my name. Before propping myself up into a sitting position on the cot.

"Newt." I greeted smiling warmly at him, as he slowly walked closer towards the cot I was sprawled on.

"I heard you were feeling sick, I just came to see how you're feeling. Since you've been here for a while." He explained, a small flask in his hand.

"Oh? I-I'm fine now I th-think..." I replied, looking at his face. 'be cautious as to who you trust' Seamus' voice rang in my head as I looked at the timid boy sitting before me.

"I'm glad to hear that. I-I got you something- from, you know—oh, i-it's a calming draught. To-to help you sleep. You seem tired since the last time I saw you." He explained, when I looked down at his hand and scrunched up my nose in confusion.

"Thank you. Would you mind if I ask you something?" I whispered, making sure no one was near hearing range.

"O-of course. Is something wrong?" He wondered staring at me with wide blue eyes.

"No, of course not. I'm just wondering if I can trust you. You know to keep a secret, or hold something for me." I said in the same low voice.

He tilted his head to the side before looking up at the ceiling, thinking for a moment before looking at me again. He nodded his head nodded his head once in response.

"Great, I-I need you to hold this for me." I said, bringing my hand up to my neck.

"What exactly is that? If you don't mind my asking?" He inquired, rising an inquisitive brow at me.

"It's-it's something extremely important to me. Or at least it will be later." I said, evasively.

"Interesting..." He replied, nodding his head at me.

"How long have I been here?" I asked suddenly, feeling as if I missed something.

"Two days. From what I heard from Andromeda, they were here when you fell unconscious, you hadn't woken up since then. Not to worry, not a lot of interesting things have happened around here. Well, just two students from my house accidentally blowing up the Potions lab, but Professor Slughorn managed to get everything back in order for today's lesson." He explained.