Revival

Sara

Sara

We had a funeral for the four who died. Trent Kingsley, Mikhail Stoglov, and Strider Smirnov were buried in a humble grave in Moscow. Nothing prestigious or special. Nowhere special people are buried. It was a normal burial, a normal location. Also they were buried where my mother was married.

Only me and Akashi truly knew what happened and the noble people who died. My tattoos were burnt off. All of them. The flowers, the rose buds the winged Fox on my thigh even the Japanese inscription. I didn't know who did it, but I knew that it saved me from being linked to a gang.

The detective told me that Mikhail had forced me out of the window. The blast killed him and Alexei escaped.

Stoglov was buried away from Mikhail.

Akashi was meant to be deported but he came to visit and attend the funeral. I visited the grave on all of my holidays, all public holidays, Christmas's, New Years even Valentine's Day.

Today was valentines days. I'd drop different flower bouquets to the three. I'd spent hours just staring at one of their tomb stones and then realising the sun had dropped into hiding and move on to the next.

Strider Smirnov beloved father of Anna Smirnov.

Trent Kingsley beloved friend of Sara Ashton Lyakov.

Mikhail Stoglov beloved husband of Samantha Stoglov. Father of Josh and Sara Olivia Stoglov.

Mary Lyakov. Beloved mother of four children.

Why? Why did I have to go through this. Why did I have to lose the only people who cared for me? Who loved me before I pursued them.

Akashi, Leah, Luke, Charles. I found them! I-I made myself obvious to them I made them need me.

But my mother, Trent...Mikhail; they loved me without me trying. I didn't pursue them I didn't talk to them first. I didn't pay them for heavens sake.

Why?

"Baka" (Idiot) Akashi murmured as he held me in an embrace.

"You did not have to save me Sara" Akashi spoke in English as he rested his chin on my shoulder. Both of us watching the flowers that remained from the funeral.

"Oh but she did. Baby brother" Ume walked towards us, laying eyes on the flowers and carrying her own. Yellow tulips.

Her hair was dyed cream, long waved locks fell down her feminine shoulders. No one would realise she was the strongest and swiftest fighter I've ever known.