Liar.

Sara

"Sara! Listen this isn't what you think!", abruptly I pushed his hand away from my wrist. Holding back tears and a mother fucking slap to his face and a knee to his balls.

"Sara! She's my oldest sister!! Fuck she's so-" okay. The sister card. What's next?

Raven walked like a model towards us, smiling as if she owned the world. Her black stilettos tapping on the tiles. "Hello, I'm Mikhails older sister Raven. It's a pleasure", I didn't appreciate her lying and I wanted to punch her face. Suddenly I'm the antagonist bitch girlfriend and Mikhail the misunderstood innocent protagonist. She let out her hand for me to shake, I almost spat on her.

"I don't appreciate you lying to me and causing me to doubt my boyfriend. It was extremely rude and insensitive", I expected a sorry. My eyebrows raised, arms crossed.

Her Loui Vuitton means nothing to me.

"Mikhail, you have a feisty one. Can I share?" She licked her crimson coated lips. Mikhail fake coughed. I unfolded my arms.

"She's my half sister from Switzerland. Raven this is Sara my-", he hesitated. I smiled and ended his sentence with "a girl friend". Understanding he doesn't want this to be out. Maybe he didn't want to be serious about me. Hence the gap between girl and friend. Is he serious about being with me?

"We have to go sorry, we're on an important clothing spree, excuse us Raven", he dragged me away from her but she tugged his shirt and stomped her foot like a kid. "Mikhail!! I haven't seen you in 6 months!! Let us have lunch at least baby brother!" She whined, her accent strong like his. I slipped away from Mikhail as she tugged on him more and more.

"No Raven! We will see each other next time. When I'm not busy", she looked like she was about to cry. I wanted a sister once but girls are 'difficult' in Russia. "Mikhail join her. I'll wonder around for a few hours", I made it sound like an order. Already walking away.

With one swoop, he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me inside his jacket. Urgh why so hot? He was warm, so was his neck, which the nape of my neck coming into contact with. Bare skin...

"Do not leave me, Sara" he whispered. I half nodded and put hands down to found my way to his hand; to each other and intertwined.

"Sara comes with us. And no more playing tricks", Mikhail said turning both of us to face Raven. She nodded, seeming more mature in a matter of seconds. Stuck up brat.

We entered an open restaurant with black umbrellas covering our heads from the clouds and possible shower. The napkins and silver cutlery made me mentally calculate the estimated what the cheapest thing in the menu would be. $4 coke. Great

"Okay, let's start with brunch. I'd like medium rare steak with bruschetta and sweet potato fries. And red wine" Raven ordered before the waitress even had her note pad opened. She seems honestly, kind of stuck up. Her eyes were above everyone else's and her back always straight. "Um, Sara you want a burger?" Mikhail asked opening up the menu. He seemed awkward and embarrassed, waiting for his sister to reveal some other lie or perhaps a truth.

"Yea sure" I gave him a smile and we held hands under the table spread. Our little secret. "So, Sara you must be wondering why I don't really look like Mikhail. Our grandfather Stoglov owned a huge gang that stretched across Russia" her hand gestures worked as if I was a business partner listening her to her plans of Mikhail domination.

"Our father travelled a lot as a teen, as Mikhail did and ended up marrying my mother. Mary Stoglov" she seemed to be filled with pride. However I couldn't pinpoint if she was looking down on me or Mikhail. When she said his name, she paused a little and added a sneer to it. Her eyebrows were coated in brown pencil, her lips leaving its mark on the glass filled with red wine.

"And I was the first born Stoglov until my father came to us three years telling us we have a baby Mikhail from a Russian woman. You could not fathom our surprise", she sipped her wine again. Wait so...Mikhail is a bastard. Not the rude word I mean, he was born out of wedlock like me? I tighten my grip on his hand, he moves his hand closer to my thighs and breathes out.

"It's your turn. Introduce yourself." She said sternly, demanding a response. "Wasn't this a time for you and Mikhail to talk rather than me?" I responded. Putting my foot down, I saw her snigger silently.

"I am Sara Lyakov, fourth child of my father, Lyakov. We live in Russia. I am dating your half brother who I love very much" Mikhail left my hand, the waitress came bearing our food. My hand left with hints of his sweat.

Mini burgers with no tomato or tomato sauce, she seems rich maybe she'll pay for all of it. Stupid bitch.

"Raven, how is Mary? Our father-"

"Our father? No baby Mikhail. He's your father. He has your idiocy and desire to sleep with whores" she stood up and glared at me. "Raven...take back what you said" Mikhail started to shake out of anger. His accent even more prominent, I bit the inside of my cheek.

"IM YOUR SISTER AND YOU DISMISS ME FOR SOME MEDIOCRE WHORE!!" Okay take a step back. Her high pitched broken speech almost cracked the glasses and plates.

She called me whore twice. I'm a virgin.

Mikhail grasped my hand and took me away from the restaurant followed by her childish screams and tantrum.

"Mikhail, I'm sorry I didn't want to-" he stopped and glared at me angrily. "You didn't do anything wrong Sara. She was out of line".
I felt bad, Mikhail was looked down on by his sister. But Mikhail must've been pressured to join the gang. When he paid for the apartment, our apartment he seemed to really love his grandmother. I felt like kissing him on our way home.

Home. He was becoming my home.

When he closed the door, the lights were off displaying soft lights emerging from the windows. I stared at him attentively as he shut the door, watching my every step I gently touched his forehead, nose and lips. Giving him an acknowledging nod I lead him to my bed and sat in the centre. My eyes inviting him in.

I pull out my hands for him to come to me. Desperate for his bare skin to be on mine.