Winters breath

I dashed to the nearest phone, desperately

I dashed to the nearest phone, desperately. My feet sore and red, my toes were buried in the piercing snow, turning numb. I could feel the hidden sharp surface of the road seeping into my sole.

The snow was painful and harsh.

Marat...did he get in trouble with the gang again?? What do I do?!! Fuck! Fuck Sara think!!

Fuck!! I don't have money! "Hey are you okay? You? -your feet are bleeding!" I laid eyes on the huge person that was a few metres away from me. Disregarding him as a person; I grabbed his jumper with pleading eyes. "Phone... please I need your phone", my hands trembling.

Is Marat okay... what do I do?! What do I do?!

He worked fast to catch his mobile, rushing to take out his phone from his pocket. He handed me the phone and nodded silently, I guess for reassurance.

I dialled the number.

Please accept international calls random stranger!

"Privet?" Anatoly' husky voice entered my ears, I realised I ran out in the snow barefoot.

Look at me now mother.

"ANATOLY!! Pozhaljusta!! (Please)Tell Marat to talk to me right now it's an emergency!! Please Anatoly!" I begged, the boy beside me probably thought someone died. Someone might die..Marat please agree to talk to me.

"Ja Ne Ponimaju Sara, Vy mozhete govorit' pomdlennj? (I don't understand Sara can you speak slowly). He's tone was stern, low unlike mine, struggling to understand, and not assuming the worst.

Oh my god

"GET MARAT ON THE FUCKING PHONE ANATOLY!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. He gave me a sigh and I heard him run to Marat.

I have never raised my voice at my brothers. So I was expected a 'how dare you address me like that' or something along those lines. However Anatoly and Vladimir were understanding and empathetic. Unlike Marat who goes full force of stubborn and bitchy teenager to prove a nonsensical point that he's the all powerful ape.

After half a minute I heard the boys mumbling, Marat telling Anatoly 'No' continuously, Anatoly persisting...nicely as of record.

"Privet. Sara-"

"Marat!! Talk to me do you know a man named Mikhail Stoglov?? Marat I'm scared he knew you and he knew me! But he was hiding it please tell me you aren't in trouble!! Marat-" he interrupted me, his calm soothing tone was the closest thing to my mothers.

Mama please help me.

"Sara, Vy uvereny- Sara are you sure?" My sweat ran cold down my spine.

"Da..I'm sure Marat", I swallowed. I glimpsed at the boy I took the phone from, giving him a reassuring look so he's heart won't explode at a weirdo barefooted girl screaming.