Avarice (Greed)

After we went home I gathered the group again

After we went home I gathered the group again. Leah and Alexander made beef stew with carrots, onions and potato. Charles brought the bread and Me and Luke went to get the beer and wine. Leah loved red wine and told the gang she'd make 20% more if we included red wine in every dinner.

She didn't leave the house often and stayed typing on those laptops she loved so much. Luke would ruin her bun when passing by her with a book directed at her messy hair. They were extremely cute. Being a prostitute didn't bother him, I heard them often fighting outside at 3 am (obviously I was awake) and she would scream and tell him he would judge her after they slept together and she didn't want to go through that.

He ended up punching a brick wall and said, 'I'm not with you for fucking sex I can get that from anyone!!' I rolled my eyes. It made both me and her laugh.

'I'm with you because I love you! And I know I love you despite your previous occupation. I know what people do to survive and it's not like you killed babies so shut up and kiss me'

"Sara!! Stop dreaming!" Waking up from my day dream, Luke was carrying a crate of beer in front of the counter. "What?" I asked, my hands holding two red wine bottles. Stupid Leah and wine.

"Pay! I didn't bring my wallet!" He exclaimed

Oh shit yea, putting the bottles down I grabbed a bundle of cash from my jeans ass pocket and paid the guy. $157 spent on alcohol, I sighed.

When we first started the gang in America me and Luke had to steal our way through clothes and food. We would hang around shopping malls and go into the change rooms with chocolates and chips hidden under it. Sometimes we stayed in the change room for hours so the person in charge wouldn't remember what we came in with.

Also we'd go on shopping sprees in food markets, taking round abouts in school iles and eating what's was in there, we'd snack on food and then trail out of the super market.

I was always thankful that makeup testers were free. I'd experiment as Luke changed his stinky underwear and socks. We didn't steal or harm others for money, we stole from people we assumed and assessed, who ended up being bad.

Example: one day both of us were starving and sick of vending machine foods, the reason why Trent wasn't in the picture is because he was in Russia getting a hold of drugs and men so we didn't starve. Well so I didn't starve, I met Luke on the way. He was kicked out by his step father, his mother a drug addict and sugar baby who didn't care if her son lived or died.

So we found a couple, the male was abusing the female for a while, slapping her and telling her to give back the money she owed. After me and Luke followed them for a few hours, he took her to the car park and punched her stomach, spitting on her and driving away on his black car.

Luke and I followed the car, leading us to double storey home. We broke in at 5 am, Luke had a hand gun and I had a dagger Alexei gave me from Russia. We found out this man had two children, his wife asleep. The other girl must've been a relative. When Luke looked through his office he found a picture of the woman and man smiling with grandparents.

It was his sister.

Knowing he had two children both around Marat and my age they could survive on their own. That was until I saw Luke in the photograph. "This is your father?!" I asked in the lowest voice I could muster. He only let out a 'hm'.

He opened up a safe and took $10,000 from it along with a semi automatic pistol.

After that, Luke paid the rent of our current apartment. We renovated it slowly, together we made it our home. We found more members and made a family out of it. Trent was the stray dog, the screw up of our family. He stayed in the shadows and made sure the others knew I owed him my everything. Often on our movies nights we gathered around the television and watched a romantic comedy (Rom/Com) he would pillow talk to me so the rest would hear. Charles would end up leaving and Luke would scold him. During horror movies he would make me sit on top of him and grab hold of my arms and breasts while breathing hardly.

Super inappropriate and disgusting but there were times I'd leave the room faster than anyone else. I had been defiled, I was taken advantage of in every way. But I wasn't going to stand for more people touching me like I was already dead.

There's plenty of time for that after I am taking my last breath in this twisted world.

It drove my crew insane. Charles and Luke once planned to kill him but I found out and told them 'No.' When Charles hugged me, I came back from Russia after three months without contacting them he said was harmed by Trent. There was trouble with the two gangs and I couldn't contact them for a while. Trent began to grunt loudly and shake, sweat profusely trickled down his forehead.

"Charles I'm fine I'm sorry!" He hugged me tightly and glared at me angrily. Kissing his forehead I looked around for Leah and Luke.
"Trent?! Are you okay?" Standing beside the kitchen tap he held a kitchen knife on his right hand, he cut his pulse.
"TRENT!" He pushed me to the side and dashed to Charles stabbing him where his kidney would have been.

Grabbing onto Charles I looked desperately into Luke's eyes. Whenever one of us was injured we have to gamble whether or not we should go to the hospital.

I didn't care, Charles and I was different. His health is worth the risk, it's worth getting caught. Luke and Leah took him to the hospital, and I stayed at home with Trent.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT!!" I back handed him and picked up the knife wanting to stab him with it. Images of Trent sneaking me food flashed before my eyes, collapsing into shock I threw away the knife and grabbed hold of my hair.

I should've died in that fucking place!! I should've died!!

"If they touch you ag-" I punched his jaw as he spoke. "He is innocent! If you want to stab someone stab me!! If you lay a hand on any one of my members I'll-" he stared at me with widened eyes, his tears trickling.

"Sara" crawling to me he held my cheeks and hugged me.

"I love you, I love you more than anything in this world. You're mine, only mine! I don't want anyone touching you" pushing him away I held his shoulders, sobbing.

Both of us should have died.

"Why?! Why do you love me so much why?!"

"Because, the moment I saw you. You-you gave me a purpose Sara" I held him in my arms, his body was wet from the sweat, his pulse wasn't cut. Just his skin. I held him believing he was mine to kill.

"One day, I will have to shoot you in the heart. And along with you I'll kill myself. I won't let my family be hurt by the Stoglov gang. I'll go by myself and kill Mikhail's father, and let his men finish me off" Trent pulled me away and pecked my forehead. Nodding to what horrible truth I told him, he accepted it regardless.

What can I expect for myself? I was abandoned a long time ago.

My family should live. Live safely and live satisfied.