Destiny

Mikhail She did not need to barf

Mikhail
She did not need to barf. But she said she wanted to. Wearing only a shirt in this cold weather, Russian blood runs deep within her.

From the moment I heard her speak Russian to that buff monkey, infront of the university, I knew it was Sara Lyakov. She hasn't changed at all, her baby face, the creamy tone of her skin, full pink lips they were all painfully nostalgic.

I was never close to Sara, and I only knew her brothers by name. My father was the boss of Moscow and her brothers worked for the boss of the smaller gang in their little fishing village. Therefore I was sent like a god forsaken errand boy, by my father to recruit Marat.

After Sara had forced herself to vomit out the beer and spiked Vodka she told me she knew who I was. Mumbled it after her time of groaning in a bush.

She figured it out, she knew me three years ago. When he brother pushed her into the water to drown and die.

***

"Marat! Please I'm sorry. I won't do what mama did I promise! Please don't leave me here", she was a young 15 year old frail girl in the outskirts of a small fishing village above Russia. It was a poor district, I was sent to talk to an amateur named Marat Lyakov who wanted to join a gang. We needed him, he was skilled in many areas, business graduate international studies and he knew how to kill well.
The brothers of my fathers gang told me stories of Marat, he killed 20 men and the owner of big industry in Moscow. They said he carved the mans eyes with a spoon and a single punch lead to broken ribs.

I found Marat, he was with darkened chestnut brown haired girl. This little boy has a girlfriend. Very bad for a man in his occupat-

My jaw dropped and immediately I ran to the couple fighting. He grabbed her arms and pushed her off the porch.

"Drown! Sara DROWN!!", he yelled at her as if she slept with his father. She viewed his expression silently, her face wet from the freezing salt water. Her hair like silk, her nose and cheeks red like she was burnt.

I knew she could swim, she payed no attention to show him that she was freezing, slowly turning blue. She was treading water when he yelled at her. She half nodded and stopped moving altogether....slowly sinking. "Do svidanija, malenkya sestra, Sara", he threw his cigar into the water and walked away.

Goodbye little sister

His little sister.

I darted to her, removing my jacket and throwing away my phone, I dived into the water. The piercing needles of the frozen trap almost felt like death. My body turned numb instantaneously and it was difficult to see her. Difficult to swim.