*50* The Yule Ball

Notice:
Can y'all try to read the whole chapter, like including the AN at the end since it's pretty important.
Anyway, enjoy. Christmas came early since I finished and I couldn't wait to publish this long awaited chapter.

~This is a few hours after the last chapter~

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this;

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past an hour, the prospect's black,

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

You paced around your dorm room reading back the poem or song to yourself. For the past few hours, your mind was buzzing with thoughts about the yule ball. Going to the dance with Draco will be awesome but instead, you chose to focus on something else: on the clue for the second task and writing a song.

From your research what you've concluded is that the second task will most likely happen in the black lake, for an hour. And here comes the first part of the challenge:

Breathing underwater for an hour,

The second part of the challenge? Retrieving what they took and searching for it.

For the past few days, you've been working on the first part of the challenge. Gillyweed is an option that you could consider but there definitely could be better ways to face this challenge, you could control the water of course, but how could that do with helping you breathe? Unless you somehow create a bubble for yourself within the water...

You set the paper down on the bedside table and flopped down on the bed and groaned.

Yes, you were perfectly aware that the second task is months away but it can't ever be bad to prepare early, can it?

Feeling absolutely exhausted you rolled over and stared at the alarm clock,

11:57

3 minutes until lunch.

Again, better early than on time right?

You breathed out and stepped off the bed and dusted the dirt off your clothes and walked out the door and made your way down the hall.

The second you walked through the doors to the hall Harry approached you with confused eyes.

"Y/n?" He asked.

You looked at him.

"You just up and left, are you going to answer my question?" He honestly looked a bit hurt, and offended.

His question?

Damn, damn, damn...I'm an idiot.

"Harry. Harry-" You grabbed his hand and could see his cheeks go crimson. "I was going to say that I would love to go- as friends..."

His expression turned to look even more disappointed.

"Harry- I'm so sorry but I love you- as a brother." You smiled as you held his hands even tighter.

He tore his hands away from yours and started shaking his head. "I'm stupid aren't I?" He laughed weakly.

"Why would you say that?"

"Never mind that- who are you going with then?" He changed the subject.

"Oh- um." You hesitated. "Draco..."