*five* The first sorting incident

"You don't think they would put all of us in different houses do you?" 'mione asked you.

Yes, you have started calling her mione and she didn't argue with the new nickname.

"I hope not. Even if they did we could still be friends, Ron's going to be in Gryffindor. I'm going to be in Gryffindor too and (y/n) and Hermione are going to be in Ravenclaw." Harry cut in. "I just know it!"

Professor McGonagall led everyone to the sorting hat and started calling out names.

(I'm going to skip out all the names that don't matter)

"Draco, Malfoy."

Malfoy heard his name then swaggered( ;) ) his way over to the sorting hat. He barely sat down when the sorting hat called out."Slytherin!"

of course.

who would expect a slimy git like him to be in any other house?

moments later,

"Hermione, Granger."

Hermione walked nervously towards the sorting hat.

The hat took a while to decide eventually settled on

"Gryffindor!"

She belongs there. She was like a young version of Professor McGonagall, very witty and wise let brave. you thought to yourself. But you were now worried.

With Hermione being in Gryffindor there was a high chance you were going to be the only Ravenclaw in your friend group.

"Ron Weasley."

Ron then walked over to the sorting hat and then was called towards.

"Gryffindor."

Not long until me and Harry.

"Harry, Potter!"

There were some whispers as Harry walked towards the hat and sat down.

Harry sat there for a while but not as long as mione did, he must have said something about not wanting to be in Slytherin because the hat then said"Not Slytherin? Then it must be........Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table cheered louder than ever before as Harry went to join your friends.

Now that all of your friends are all in the same house, you felt the need to be with them.

"(y/n), Harrington!"

You walked over. Nervously. And nearly tripping on your way and heard some laughs from the Slytherin table.

You sat down and saw Dumbledore staring at you with a look of......What's that? Sympathy. Why did he have that look on his face? McGonagall placed the sorting hat on your head.

Gryffindor, Gryffindor, Gryffindor.

you kept whispering to yourself.

"I'll consider that." The sorting hat seemed to hear your wish. "But first, let's see. Brave, very. And very clever. And what's that, Ambition, Cunningness? No, no. I must insist. I'm sorry but it must be RAVENCLAW!"

You heard the Ravenclaw table cheer as you walked towards yet. The sorting hat was meant to hear your wishes, wasn't it? So, why didn't it place you in Gryffindor?

You sat quietly next to an older girl.

"Cho. That's my name. Cho Chang." The girl introduced her self.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/n) Harrington." You said, still distracted.

You finished the rest of the meal with thoughts still whirling through your head.

Dumbledore finished his speech and you felt a nudge on your shoulder.

"(y/n)? (y/n) ?! Dumbledore's calling for you!" Cho said.

With that, you returned to reality.

"(y/n) Harrington. It has appeared that the sorting hat claims it has made a mistake......"

Whispers started again with some glares coming your way as dumbledore said that.

"But the sorting hat never makes mistakes!"

"How can this be?"

You heard people around you say.

"(y/n)! if you could come up again." Dumbledore said and gestured your way.

Taking a big breath, you stepped forward to face the glares of Harry, Ron, mione and even DRACO?!

You stepped onto the stage to be resorted.

Once again the hat was placed upon your head and it took longer this time.

MUCH LONGER.

You.

were.

A hat stall.

It took about 6 minutes for the sorting hat to make a desicion. But the final result shocked everyone.

...

...

...

...

"Slytherin!"

You got up with your head down and walked towards the slytherin table.

No one clapped.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Just thought to mention that without the AN the word count is 666 (◐‿◑)