*26* control

"Professor Snape. I'm here." It was the evening after the polyjuice thing and you had a lesson with Prpfessor Snape.

"Ahh. Miss Harrington!" Snape welcomed you into the cold atmosphere of his office.
"Now. This is your second year, so the lessons we have are only going to get harder."

"Harder?!" Oh come on! Learning spells wordlessly and wandlessly and both at the same time were not even that easy. What did he want you to do now?

"I trust you have read all those books I gave you last year."

"Yes, professor."

"Very well then. Let's get straight to it. This year, I will be teaching you about control of the Elements."

"Elements? But I can already do those spells."

"No. Not spells. I want you to achieve complete control of the elements."

"I'm sorry, I'm not following what your saying." What was he on about?

"To gain complete control of the elements means you can manipulate them at will. For example, a master would be able to do the same things as water benders, fire benders, air benders etc can do. But this will take a long time so we should still be doing this by the time you finish the fifth year."

"That long?" Oh this is going to be a journey...

"I'm afraid so. What element do you want to start with then?"

"I guess......I'll choose Water."

"Okay then. Aqua Eructo." A jet of water came out of his wand and he aimed all of it towards a rather large bowl that was just laying around.  "I want you to try and do something to this bowl of water, anything."

Presumably he meant just with your consciousness. But how? You stared at the bowl and concentrated really hard, pulling a Mathilda (the roald Dahl book. Haha, tip tip tip haha jk)
But no matter how much you concentrated it just wasn't budging.

"Okay......try imagining the water doing something." And so you did as Snape said. You imagined the water dancing around and slashing by it self. By still.

Nothing happened.

Professor Snape then said. "I'll give you time to try out different ways of doing this. I wasn't expecting you to get it first try. "

You could hear the disappointment in his voice. You were a little disappointed too, how fun would it be to control the elements.

You stared at the bowl of water again and focused all your energy towards your outstretched hand. Wanting to focus more, you closed your eyes and pictured the water moving with your hand.

"Well done!" Snape suddenly said and you opened your eyes.

You saw that the water was dancing along with your movements.
Oh.
My.
God.
This is amazing.

All you had to do now was think of what you wanted the water to do while doing the same with your hands and the water did just that.
When you moved your hand up.
The water moved with it.
When you suddenly dropped your hand.
The water dropped and created a giant splash that made both yours and Snape's robes wet.
But it didn't look like he cared too much.

"This is brilliant! I've never seen someone get the hang of this as fast as you have!" Snape said. "Well that'll be all for this lesson, keep practicing, although I'm sure you will."