*49*Yule ball preparations

(The video is a song being sung later, I really couldnt find any better ones but if you can feel free to comment and I'll change it.)

Gossip in the school has become something that's much more common since after the first task. Thankfully along with that, the amount of people who still think you willingly entered yourself into the competition has gone down.

On a much sadder and unfortunate note, the attempt at cracking (yes I made an egg pun) the secret of the golden egg has been uneventful. The second you opened it an ear-screeching scream came out. That was about a week ago and you are in no means any closer to finding out what the second task could be than you were then.

Now, it was right after transfiguration has finished and you were all guided to a different room. It was completely empty of the normal furniture with a music player in the side of the room. In the middle stood McGonagall and either side of her stood the Gryffindors. On the left stood the girls and stood the boys. As expected she split the Slytherins into boys and girls too. You shuffled in between Hermione and lavender brown. Thinking about everything that has happened since the first task, You keep feeling weird around Draco since that day. A feeling that can only be described as attraction-

awhhhh that sounds weird.

You did dismiss this thought and feeling usually though. You didn't want anything to get in between your friendship with him.

FUCK. I like this idiot.

Mcgonagall cleared her throat and started her announcement"The Yule Ball is approaching - a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. The Slytherins are here to join us as Professor Snape has...well, other things to take care of-"

"He probably just couldn't be bothered." You muttered under your breath with Ami on your shoulder again.

"Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish -"

Lavender Brown let out a shrill giggle. Parvati Patil, who stood beside her, nudged her hard in the ribs, her face working furiously as she too fought not to giggle.

"Dress robes will be worn," Professor McGonagall continued, "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then -"

Professor McGonagall stared deliberately around the class.

"The Yule Ball is, of course, a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down," she said, in a disapproving voice.

Lavender giggled harder than ever, with her hand pressed hard against her mouth to stifle the sound. You could see what was funny this time: Professor McGonagall, with her hair in a tight bun, looked as though she had never let her hair down in any sense.

"But that does NOT mean," Professor McGonagall went on, "that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way-"

"Does that mean we can mess around then?" You mumbled again, expecting someone near you to burst out laughing since Theo, Blaise and Draco were usually the ones by your side. But because these people beside you didn't have the same sense of humor, your joke seemed to only amuse yourself.

"-I will be expecting everyone of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally as the Yule Ball, is first, and for most. A dance."

When she said this a few people gasped and many more started chatting and whispering with surprised faces. You turned to Hermione with a bored look that she returned. "How are people so surprised, Mcgonagall did drop lots of hints it will be a dance. I mean it is called the Yule ball..."