*45* An overdue apology

"Harry potter and Y/n Harrington."

How? What? Huh? This was not possible. Since when have you ever put your name in the goblet. You could hear everyone in the room suddenly go silent and freeze. Everyone's eyes were on you and Harry.

You looked over and him and saw that he too looked confused. There was no applause.

You turned to Theo and blaise, beyond them, the long slytherin table were all watching you, open-mouthed.

"I never put my name in." You whispered desperately. "You know I never would have."

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up nodding to Professor McGonagall.
"Y/n Harrington. Harry Potter!" He called again. "Up here, if you please!"

"Go." Blaise whispered, giving you a slight push.

You got to your feet, and Harry had too. Slowly, you both walked towards the teachers table.

"Make your way to the room please." Dumbledore stand, you could hear the disappointment in his voice. You followed Harry slowly and went in.

You moved along the teachers' table and into the small room. You found yourself facing a fireplace with Victor Krum, Cedric Diggory and Fleur Delacour all grouped around the fire. Krum, hunched up and brooding, was leaning against the mantelpiece, slightly apart from the other two. Cedric was standing with his hands behind his back, staring into the fire. Flyer Delacour looked around when Harry walked in, and threw back her sheet of long hair.

"What is it?" She said. "Do zey want us back in ze hall?"
So she thought you had come to deliver a message. Oh how you wished that was the reason. You didn't know how to explain what had just happened so you just stood there, looking at the three champions. It struck you how very tall all of them where.

There was a sound of scurrying feet behind him, and Ludo Bagman entered the room. He and Barty Crouch had to come to the school for the tournament, you turned around to face him.

"Extraordinary!" He muttered as he squeezed Harry's arm. "Absolutely extraordinary! Gentlemen...lady," he added, approaching the fireside and addressing the other three. "May I introduce - incredible though it may seem - the fourth and fifth Triwizard champion?"

Viktor Krum straightened up. His surly face darkened as he surveyed Harry. Cedric looked nonplussed. He looked from Bagman to Harry to you and back again as though sure he must have misheard what Bagman had said. Fluer Delacour, however, tossed her hair, smiling and said,"Oh, vairy funny joke, Meester Bagman."

"Joke?" Bagman repeated, bewildered. "No, no, not at all! Harry's and Y/n's name just came
Out of the Goblet of Fire!"
Krum's thick eyebrows contracted slightly. Cedric was still looking politely bewildered.

Fluer frowned. "But evidently zair 'as been a mistake," she said contemptuously to Bagman. "Zey cannot compete. Zey are too young."

"Well...it is amazing," said Bagman, rubbing his smooth chin and smiling down at Harry. "But, as you know, the age restriction was only imposed this year as an extra safety measure. And as their names come out of the Goblet...I mean, I don't think there can be any duckling out at this stage...it's down in the rules, you're obliged...Harry will just have to do the best he-"

The door behind them opened again, and a large group of people came in: Professor Dumbledore, followed closely by Mr Crouch, Professor Karkaroff, Madam Maxime, Professor McGonall and Professor Snape. You heard the buzzing of the hundreds of students on the other side of the wall, before Professor McGonall closed the door.