*14* Not so bad after all......

After you and Harry left the room with the mirror, you both went your separate ways but not before saying goodbye to each other.
He went to the Gryffindor common room while you returned back to your classes still thinking about your parents.
You finally saw your parents, but you still know so little about them. You don't even know their names!
In that moment. They were so close, yet still so far away.
It made you realise just what you were missing.
What bothered you the most was how you couldn't tell anyone about this. SURE Harry might be able to understand.
But you didn't want to make him think about this as well.
Sure your roommates might be able to help. But they'll just say how you were overreacting and pity you.
And you didn't want that.
All you wanted was some comfort.
Not pity.

The rest of the day went by with you thinking about your parents.

After dinner you went back to the Slytherin common room. Luckily their was no one there to tease you.
You lit the fireplace on and then rested on one of the couches getting lost in your thoughts.

Why was it suddenly so uncomfortable?

You were moving around trying to find the cause of it when you realised that there was something in your pocket. Since when was that there?

(If you remember in the last chapter a weight was added in your pocket.)

You took out a rolled up piece of parchment from our pocket. It was tiny. And unrolled it. It was a photo. A photo that had your parents on it. They were upon a small group of people. Two of which, you guessed, was Draco's parents judging by their platinum blonde locks and their silver eyes.

You stared at the picture and the feelings you were trying to hide over came the barrier you set and made tears roll down your face.
There were now footsteps coming towards you but you didn't care.
So what if they find out?
So what if people start calling you names?
The harm that people want to cause you will never be as hurtful as what you've been through.

The footsteps came closer and then stopped. You felt a sudden add of weight on the end of the couch as the person sat down next to you.

You looked up to see

"Draco?!" You said, still stuttering a bit due to your crying.

He didn't say anything and instead wrapped an arm around you.

You flinched a bit from his sudden act of kindness but then relaxed. Isn't this what you wanted?
Isn't this the comfort that you were seeking.

"Look at me y/n." He put his other arm under your chin and lifted your head up. "I'm not here to pity you. You have to stay strong. Your parents wouldn't want you looking like this. You're not going to get over anything like this. Stop mourning their deaths and instead stand up and do the best you can to avenge them. Y/n.......I know you don't trust me yet. Just keep in mind that I'm here for you. "

After he said that he pulled you in for a tight hug and you hugged him back.
Maybe Malfoy is not as bad as you thought he was. You gently pulled out of the hug and rested your head on his lap. Giving him a shock. Then you felt him relax and rest his arm on your side.

You two stayed there for a few minutes before heading back to your dorms.

"Draco...... Thank you." You said with a genuine smile on your face knowing you had discovered a new friend. Spending Christmas with him might be a treat.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry about the inconsistency in this story. Promise the next chapter will be longer and there will be a lot of quiditch seeing as the next chapter is when you and Harry both receive your brooms!
Question: do you want snape to give you the broom or Draco?