*24* parseltougue

"Duelling club?" Why would I go to a stupid club that was ran by the one and only Gilderoy Lockhart?

"Oh come on y/n. Lockhart will probably make a fool of himself. It'll be fun! We're all going." Theo pleaded.

"No way." You didn't want to go. Why would you waste your time on something as stupid as this when you already knew half the spells in the wizarding world.

"Oh please!" Blaise joined in with the pleading.

"Oh come on y/n!" Draco joined in as well.

"No!" You stomped your foot on the ground and saw the boys look down in defeat.

"Okay then. We won't go. But I need to show you something."  Draco said. He had this mischievous glimmer in his eyes but you went with him anyway.

He led you to a room and grabbed your arm tightly as he opened the door. In the room stood many people including Lockhart.

You have Draco a death glare as you tried to run away.

"Malfoy!" You shouted at him but he still wasn't letting go. Realising there was no way out of this situation you had to give in. He led you into the classroom and stood on one side of the stage in the middle.

After he led you in he let go of you and you wacked him on the head.

"This is why people don't trust you Dragon boy!" You said to the boy who was now high five-ing his two friends.

Lockhart introduced the club to the people in the room. "Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little duelling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions — for full details, see my published works."

"Yeah, because you've defended yourself well in our DADA class." You whispered to Draco which made him laugh.

"Professor Snape has kindly agreed to help me demonstrate a duel." He introduced as the potions professor stepped on to the platform.

"Now. We will demonstrate a duel. 3...2...1!" They both took their wands out but Snape managed to cast a spell first.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape casted the spell which you recognised. It was the disarming spell. And you were right. Right after the spell was casted Lockhart flung back into the wall and his wand out of his hand.

"Very well done Professor Snape. Now as you saw Professor Snape demonstrate. That was the disarming charm. If I wanted to block it I would have blocked that." Lockhart said as he stumbled back up again.

"Then maybe it's best if we teach the students the deflecting charm." Snape suggested.

"Does anyone know the deflecting charm?" The clueless professor said.

You put your hand up. You were pretty confident in the charm from those practices you've had with Snape.

"I believe miss Harrington knows very well what the spell is. Why not let her demonstrate?" Snape pulled you up to the platform and you pulled your wand out of your hair.

You looked at Your slytherin friends with a worried look since you knew Professor Snape was powerful. So if you messed up, it would come with a great price.

They all returned the same look.

"Now if y/n would just go to the end of the platform. She will demonstrate the spell used to deflect unfriendly charms." Lockhart stepped out the way and you went where he previously stood.